Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deep thoughts Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Love this fam. Still need to PM you tho

Will do tomorrow... we just have such long arse PMs....
    Andrea Gibson is awesome in general, to be honest. :yep:

And yeah, it feels more like writing a letter than a PM, so take your time. :lol: I'm the worst at PM replying, so I could hardly criticise you.

PS. Is that Kristen Stewart I see in your avvie? Kristen Stewart, man. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Andrea Gibson is awesome in general, to be honest. :yep:

And yeah, it feels more like writing a letter than a PM, so take your time. :lol: I'm the worst at PM replying, so I could hardly criticise you.

PS. Is that Kristen Stewart I see in your avvie? Kristen Stewart, man. :mmm:
    Ikr. she is my lesbian crush of all time :mmm: :perv:

My avvie was me for like a couple of hours (as a result of the what TSR user do you want to see look like), but it was only going to be temporary because I don't want people who know me irl to know this account is mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    .i have posted this in similar forums...chew this over for a while

Do you know how if your dreaming and you die in the dream, you wake up?What if we are in a dream and when we die we wake up and find ourselves someplace else what if we are in a coma or being hypnotised by a hypnotist? What if we a a hologram and that we are in the past as holograms not knowing it, and we are solid and die and feel pain because the computers are so advanced? And we are reliving the past 100000 years ago? Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept:What if god is real and we are all sleeping just waiting to wake up? Sometimes when we dream in a deep sleep, the dream becomes so real but still is a dream Some other time we realise even in the dream that it's just a dream If you relate this also to this material world, we might be having dreams within the dream/s?'The world is all too real, but that's what we think even when we are deep asleep, most of the time it's always very real to us, could this be a pointer to something higher.One day dream from outside of this material world may be equivalent to a 100years here on earth, so to us it seems real but to them, here is unreal.' Could @sarmy be correct? That this all points to something we cant even fathom but we are on the right track? Or when people die ans see the light? What if that is another way/more interesting version of saying i woke up? And they realised that they were dreaming?

ATLAST! I've found someone else who thinks like me lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    :cheers:
    Have you heard of past life regression?!

ReputationRep:
    .i have posted this in similar forums...chew this over for a while

Do you know how if your dreaming and you die in the dream, you wake up?What if we are in a dream and when we die we wake up and find ourselves someplace else what if we are in a coma or being hypnotised by a hypnotist? What if we a a hologram and that we are in the past as holograms not knowing it, and we are solid and die and feel pain because the computers are so advanced? And we are reliving the past 100000 years ago? Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept:What if god is real and we are all sleeping just waiting to wake up? Sometimes when we dream in a deep sleep, the dream becomes so real but still is a dream Some other time we realise even in the dream that it's just a dream If you relate this also to this material world, we might be having dreams within the dream/s?'The world is all too real, but that's what we think even when we are deep asleep, most of the time it's always very real to us, could this be a pointer to something higher.One day dream from outside of this material world may be equivalent to a 100years here on earth, so to us it seems real but to them, here is unreal.' Could @sarmy be correct? That this all points to something we cant even fathom but we are on the right track? Or when people die ans see the light? What if that is another way/more interesting version of saying i woke up? And they realised that they were dreaming?
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the spelling mistake in your opening question. It inhibited my ability to ponder the rest, very distracting.

ReputationRep:

I love so many quotes by Milan Kundera, but I especially love his way of articulating the reality that you only have one shot at life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the spelling mistake in your opening question. It inhibited my ability to ponder the rest, very distracting.
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of past life regression?!
    Yes i posted that sort of stuff in another forum
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

I love so many quotes by Milan Kundera, but I especially love his way of articulating the reality that you only have one shot at life.
    Seems like nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i posted that sort of stuff in another forum
    Never seen that! But heyyy ditto i guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Seems like nonsense.
    Screw you Byronic.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Screw you Byronic.
    No thanks :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Is déjà vu us remembering thing from when we were awake and are dreaming bout it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

.... this is what happens when z33 stays up past bedtime

What quotes make you go "holy **** :eek:"?
    Go and live in the zoo then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photovoltaic.)
    Go and live in the zoo then.
    :cry2:
    why you gotta be so rude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :cry2:
    why you gotta be so rude?
    I wasnt being rude.

I was getting at the fact that your post is suggesting we should be more like animals, but suggesting that is not an intelligent or deep notion. Animals are automatons. The fact they dont think about time is not something admirable. They dont have the mental capacity to even comprehend time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photovoltaic.)
    I wasnt being rude.

I was getting at the fact that your post is suggesting we should be more like animals, but suggesting that is not an intelligent or deep notion. Animals are automatons. The fact they dont think about time is not something admirable. They dont have the mental capacity to even comprehend time.
    Alright alright maybe it is not intelligent or admirable
    But it's just weird to imagine not keeping track of everything - seems freeing I guess - and the fact that, so far, we are the only species that do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.