Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Slut shaming Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    She really just doesn't get it! It's worrying but relieving at the same time that I finally know what I'm dealing with here.
    Don't get what? I just said that there is nothing wrong with women sleeping around if men do; yet you two just bitterly disagreed with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Don't get what? I just said that there is nothing wrong with women sleeping around if men do; yet you two just bitterly disagreed with me.
    Lol no one's bitter. You're the bitter one who's been insulting people and swearing in past comments here. You truly can't comprehend the not only pitiful sadness but the dangers of admiring Kim Kardashian. Don't say you don't admire her, despite how shameful and appalling and degrading she and everything she represents clearly and undeniably is; you do admire here nonetheless (worrying and weird) or you wouldn't have mentioned her.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no one's bitter. You're the bitter one who's been insulting people and swearing in past comments here. You truly can't comprehend the not only pitiful sadness but the dangers of admiring Kim Kardashian. Don't say you don't admire her, despite how shameful and appalling and degrading she and everything she represents clearly and undeniably is; you do admire here nonetheless (worrying and weird) or you wouldn't have mentioned her.
    Lol, I am not even a fan of kim k but I don't even think shebis degrading. How is she shameful? If it is something to do with her sexuality then dont even bother answering. You clearly have internalised misogyny.

Anyway, I hope you do truly educate yourself one day.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I am not even a fan of kim k but I don't even think shebis degrading. How is she shameful? If it is something to do with her sexuality then dont even bother answering. You clearly have internalised misogyny.

Internalised misogyny? Feel brave typing all that out? I can't be bothered trying to argue with someone who is being defensive but then having the nerve to be obtuse about it as well. The one who needs education is you, dear. Firstly for being black and caring less about that as an issue which is far more prevalent especially in the Western World. Secondly for yes looking up to Kim K. You pointed to her as an example of "finding love even though she's a slut." Did you expect, "oh yea, good point"? lmao. Ok.
    Please tell me what I have to be educated about? :daydreaming:

Go on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Butters)
    This might be the dumbest comment I've heard all day. sexual harassment is sexual harassment regardless of gender.
    no, you sound pathetic
    unless you are literally raped by a woman, i cant fathom how even having an ugly woman touch your chest would be deemed sexual harrasment as a male lmao

its different for women because men are almost always stronger and more aggressive

unless you are weak and powerless to women then it shouldnt really be sexual harrasment, just uninvited touching

ReputationRep:
    Internalised misogyny? Feel brave typing all that out? I can't be bothered trying to argue with someone who is being defensive but then having the nerve to be obtuse about it as well. The one who needs education is you, dear. Firstly for being black and caring less about that as an issue which is far more prevalent especially in the Western World. Secondly for yes looking up to Kim K. You pointed to her as an example of "finding love even though she's a slut." Did you expect, "oh yea, good point"? lmao. Ok.

Go on.
    ???
    Is me looking up to Kim K supposed to be an insult. Yes, you have internalised misogyny if you think a women sleeping around is different to males sleeping around. IT IS THE SAME DAMN THING!

The fact that a women can sleep with whoever she wants and not get shamed or seen as less of a women. Would you see your Mum differently if she found out that she was previously promiscuous?

ReputationRep:

What is internalised misogyny?

ReputationRep:
    ???
    Is me looking up to Kim K supposed to be an insult. Yes, you have internalised misogyny if you think a women sleeping around is different to males sleeping around. IT IS THE SAME DAMN THING!

The fact that a women can sleep with whoever she wants and not get shamed or seen as less of a women. Would you see your Mum differently if she found out that she was previously promiscuous?
    The first sentence I bolded isn't even a finished thought. Go on?

Second bold: If she found out or if I found out? Now your analogies are laughable. What is your point, no matter the answer, what are you getting at? Or are you just knee-jerk asking antagonising questions? This is the last thing I can be bothered saying to you: And you repeating "internalised misogyny" tells me you're struggling to sound intellectual, even though I figured that beforehand, what with your vitriolic defense mechanism throughout the discussion; calling anyone who disagrees with you "bitter" and other words that need to be censored out. I really am not getting anything from you except that you're a brainwashed propaganda guzzler and a social media pseudo-activism hashtag retweeter, who seems to have fallen onto the #feminism bus. And it's taking you for a long aimless ride. But what can you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    What is internalised misogyny?
    lmao can't rep like I addressed that as well :rolleyes: I'm so done chatting to her, she's so lost. I can't look her in her confused eyes and get through to her. And she's being obtuse behind the computer screen.

ReputationRep:
    ???
    Is me looking up to Kim K supposed to be an insult.
    lmao and ah so you do look up to Kim K? So all these pages of you previously denying it confirms you're ****ing pointless to talk to. Toodle loo trying to fit in with the hashtag scheme. You're crying about feminism but do you care about the crime rate in black communities? :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Societies are more protective of women, men are disposable, child birth has an important role to play in this.

I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone who has a history of sleeping around a lot, but that doesn't mean I'd shame them or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    The first sentence I bolded isn't even a finished thought. Go on?

Second bold: If she found out or if I found out? Now your analogies are laughable. What is your point, no matter the answer, what are you getting at? Or are you just knee-jerk asking antagonising questions? This is the last thing I can be bothered saying to you: And you repeating "internalised misogyny" tells me you're struggling to sound intellectual, even though I figured that beforehand, what with your vitriolic defense mechanism throughout the discussion; calling anyone who disagrees with you "bitter" and other words that need to be censored out. I really am not getting anything from you except that you're a brainwashed propaganda guzzler and a social media pseudo-activism hashtag retweeter, who seems to have fallen onto the #feminism bus. And it's taking you for a long aimless ride. But what can you do.
    You have failed to answer my last question, and that is all I care about.

Loooool, and look whose insulting!

ReputationRep:
    People (men and women) can sleep around if they want, that's their choice.

If they then get a reputation for being 'easy', though, it's their own doing.

I wouldn't shame someone for having numerous sexual partners as it's none of my business, provided they're not spreading STDs within the population or cheating etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Societies are more protective of women, men are disposable, child birth has an important role to play in this.

I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone who has a history of sleeping around a lot, but that doesn't mean I'd shame them or anything like that.
    I actually entirely agree with you, societies are more protective of women. Perhaps even, too protective of women as it is restricting us in the world of work e.c.t. I think most people against slut shaming are not against not wanting to be with someone who sleeps around a lot- as this is preference and many women feel the same way about men. It is more about the culture that surrounds what women can and can't do, compared to men- who in the world of sex e.c.t. can get away with a lot and be praised for it.

ReputationRep:

Go on.
    if your gonna diss Kim K, go ahead, but please also diss the guy she made a sex tape with. Its so funny how you 'cant even be bothered to argue' AKA you don't what to say
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why society has a problem with "sluts" anyway, it shouldn't even be used as an insult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ygy)
    if your gonna diss Kim K, go ahead, but please also diss the guy she made a sex tape with. Its so funny how you 'cant even be bothered to argue' AKA you don't what to say
    Sadly I've been arguing the whole time and I didn't mention the guy because the person who mentioned Kim wasn't celebrating the man. She was celebrating Kim. It wasn't about the sex tape, it was about Kim and trust I wasn't even talking about the sex tape. She's done way worse or rather more recent and still annoyingly shameful yet entitled things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    im pretty sure most women would be horrified on a sexual level if an ugly freak groped their breasts/ass

i dont think social conditioning has caused these areas to become 'sexualised'
    Yes, because generations of people have been taught that breasts are sexual...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I am biologically predisposed to be sexually attracted to breasts.
    If I saw a lot of topless female strangers walking through the street on a sunny day, I'd get more desensitized to it, but I'd still be attracted to them.

I don't think it's a bad idea to let girls go topless, and I see that by covering them up all the time, you essentially make them more sexual/ forbidden/ private than they really are, but I just wanted to mention that I doubt they would ever be seen as udders... lol
    I don't disagree that men(/gay women) are biologically predisposed to be attracted to breasts, because it's a sign of being able to take care of offspring well etc. like big hips are. However, we've sexualised breasts to the point that their primary function is no longer feeding babies, but playthings for sex.

Yeah I was exaggerating on the udders thing, but it got my point across right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    no, you sound pathetic
    unless you are literally raped by a woman, i cant fathom how even having an ugly woman touch your chest would be deemed sexual harrasment as a male lmao

its different for women because men are almost always stronger and more aggressive

unless you are weak and powerless to women then it shouldnt really be sexual harrasment, just uninvited touching
    "uninvited touching" - which is sexual harassment. Also, your assumption that men are almost always stronger than females is such a bigoted sexist remark.

Another idiot sucked into believing that sexual harassment is a one way street.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.