aliphineur
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello!
I have a couple of interviews coming up (Uni of Brighton interview this Saturday, eek) and I'm trying my best to prepare for them, but I'm really unsure as to where I'm supposed to start?

If anybody can offer me any sort of advice, I will be forever grateful!
luminarychild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have Brighton this Saturday too!!! at 12:30? I have had an offer from Sussex a few weeks ago I suggest you reflect on your personal statement, look up on organic chemistry, current affairs around drugs and pharmacy, and why you want to study pharmacy, look into the uni too i.e why brighton is good for the MPharm
Yasminbaz98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,
I have an interview for pharmacy in ucl and i was wondering if anyone knew what ethical questions would come up and also what the essay might include.
Thank you so much for your time.
Yasmin
aliphineur
Rep:
?
(Original post by luminarychild)
I have Brighton this Saturday too!!! at 12:30? I have had an offer from Sussex a few weeks ago I suggest you reflect on your personal statement, look up on organic chemistry, current affairs around drugs and pharmacy, and why you want to study pharmacy, look into the uni too i.e why brighton is good for the MPharm
Yeah it was at 12.30 on Saturday! Maybe I saw you, Im unsure. How did yours go? I found that id worried myself about nothing! Have you heard anything back? I checked my email today and ive got a conditional offer from them
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aliphineur)
Yeah it was at 12.30 on Saturday! Maybe I saw you, Im unsure. How did yours go? I found that id worried myself about nothing! Have you heard anything back? I checked my email today and ive got a conditional offer from them
Really, what group were you in? well I was wearing a burgundy sweater on top of a matching shirt and had my glasses around my neck, blue jeans and black shoes. I wasn't hard to spot :lol: and Congratulations! yeah I got a conditional offer too and really was nothing to worry about
aliphineur
Rep:
?
Really, what group were you in? well I was wearing a burgundy sweater on top of a matching shirt and had my glasses around my neck, blue jeans and black shoes. I wasn't hard to spot :lol: and Congratulations! yeah I got a conditional offer too and really was nothing to worry about
I was in group 8, what about you? I think I remember! How to describe myself? I'm Asian, long brown curly hair. Was wearing a black coat with leggings and black shoes, mostly stood around with two women laughing .
Yeah it wasnt bad at all! For some reason i prepared myself for a written aptitude test that wasnt happening. Got my interviews confused it seems!
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was in group 8, what about you? I think I remember! How to describe myself? I'm Asian, long brown curly hair. Was wearing a black coat with leggings and black shoes, mostly stood around with two women laughing .
Yeah it wasnt bad at all! For some reason i prepared myself for a written aptitude test that wasnt happening. Got my interviews confused it seems!
I was in group 3 and you do sound very familiar! I must have seen you because I was literally sitting down eyeing everyone up before we went in for the introductory lecture :lol: Omg that would of scared me if we had to do another test, the one online was bad enough! Which other places have you applied too?
aliphineur
Rep:
?
I was in group 3 and you do sound very familiar! I must have seen you because I was literally sitting down eyeing everyone up before we went in for the introductory lecture :lol: Omg that would of scared me if we had to do another test, the one online was bad enough! Which other places have you applied too?
Oh yeah I was stood near the doors in the room before the introductory lecture I think you were behind me? I was looking around and my immediate thought was "you're surrounded by super smart people, you're fudged, love." :lol: Yeah, I think I read on forums for Brighton interviews in earlier years that they had to do aptitude tests! I found the online one pretty straightforward, but I was so panicked because of how much getting into Brighton means to me. I've applied to Bath, Reading (declined), Lincoln and De Montfort (Really don't want to go to DMU at all, but i applied anyway just to keep my parents happy as it's close to home haha).
Where've you applied?
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh yeah I was stood near the doors in the room before the introductory lecture I think you were behind me? I was looking around and my immediate thought was "you're surrounded by super smart people, you're fudged, love." :lol: Yeah, I think I read on forums for Brighton interviews in earlier years that they had to do aptitude tests! I found the online one pretty straightforward, but I was so panicked because of how much getting into Brighton means to me. I've applied to Bath, Reading (declined), Lincoln and De Montfort (Really don't want to go to DMU at all, but i applied anyway just to keep my parents happy as it's close to home haha).
Where've you applied?
Yeah I definitely saw you! And that's what I was thinking too tbh because I'm deffo not one of the smart ones :lol: I thought the online test was quite frustrating because I couldn't figure out how tackle the first calculation but hey all the panicking is over now and we both got there in the end with an offer! I really hope you get accepted into Brighton is it your firm? and I'm guessing you live in Leicester haha I also applied to Kings (decline) Kent (offer) Sussex (offer) and Portsmouth (interview)
aliphineur
Rep:
?
Yeah I definitely saw you! And that's what I was thinking too tbh because I'm deffo not one of the smart ones :lol: I thought the online test was quite frustrating because I couldn't figure out how tackle the first calculation but hey all the panicking is over now and we both got there in the end with an offer! I really hope you get accepted into Brighton is it your firm? and I'm guessing you live in Leicester haha I also applied to Kings (decline) Kent (offer) Sussex (offer) and Portsmouth (interview)
Good to know I'm memorable! I'm not a brainbox either, more of a chatterbox. Can't even remember the first calculation if I'm honest! They just took me by surprise a bit because there weren't any practice questions. Thank God! Nooo I live in Nottingham! Just Notts uni don't accept access courses for pharmacy, so it wasn't an option for me. Yes, Brighton is my firm, no idea what my insurance is yet . I have an interview for DMU, still waiting to hear back from Bath and Lincoln. So I'm guessing by your uni choices that you're from down south?
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good to know I'm memorable! I'm not a brainbox either, more of a chatterbox. Can't even remember the first calculation if I'm honest! They just took me by surprise a bit because there weren't any practice questions. Thank God! Nooo I live in Nottingham! Just Notts uni don't accept access courses for pharmacy, so it wasn't an option for me. Yes, Brighton is my firm, no idea what my insurance is yet . I have an interview for DMU, still waiting to hear back from Bath and Lincoln. So I'm guessing by your uni choices that you're from down south?
Well you were quite nice to look at so I'm not surprised I remember your face lol! Yeah I know what you mean, I started going through loads of basic maths questions but they didn't even help :P luckily I have done work experience in a pharmacy so I kinda got the idea. Notts seems like an amazing place! but that's quite silly they don't accept an access course when it is a solid level 3 qualification, ahh well all your other unis especially Brighton are very good for pharmacy so don't sweat it., and you get to move out from home :awesome: Good luck with the interview and yeah I'm from Portsmouth
aliphineur
Rep:
?
Well you were quite nice to look at so I'm not surprised I remember your face lol! Yeah I know what you mean, I started going through loads of basic maths questions but they didn't even help :P luckily I have done work experience in a pharmacy so I kinda got the idea. Notts seems like an amazing place! but that's quite silly they don't accept an access course when it is a solid level 3 qualification, ahh well all your other unis especially Brighton are very good for pharmacy so don't sweat it., and you get to move out from home :awesome: Good luck with the interview and yeah I'm from Portsmouth
Haha that was pretty smooth. My family were having an argument whilst I was doing the aptitude test so I was trying to drown them out with my thoughts. Notts is a really nice place! But I need to flee the nest for a little while I think. They accept access courses for most subjects, apart from pharmacy, which sucks for me! Thank you, I'm gonna need the luck! What's Portsmouth like? I've never been!
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha that was pretty smooth. My family were having an argument whilst I was doing the aptitude test so I was trying to drown them out with my thoughts. Notts is a really nice place! But I need to flee the nest for a little while I think. They accept access courses for most subjects, apart from pharmacy, which sucks for me! Thank you, I'm gonna need the luck! What's Portsmouth like? I've never been!
Very smooth indeed Ah well just focus on you right now and forget about any distractions because you need them grades so you can become an amazing pharmacist at Brighton! Yeah it is best to get a full uni experience and just move out the house lol you won't regret it, it's what all my mates have done. I think I might commute but I'm still not totally sure. Well that's just balls but pharmacy is a really competitive degree so maybe that's why. Portsmouth is nice, I live right next to the beach so when summer comes it's always a party haha, we have a decent shopping area too in gunwharf so you should come visit!
aliphineur
Rep:
?
Very smooth indeed Ah well just focus on you right now and forget about any distractions because you need them grades so you can become an amazing pharmacist at Brighton! Yeah it is best to get a full uni experience and just move out the house lol you won't regret it, it's what all my mates have done. I think I might commute but I'm still not totally sure. Well that's just balls but pharmacy is a really competitive degree so maybe that's why. Portsmouth is nice, I live right next to the beach so when summer comes it's always a party haha, we have a decent shopping area too in gunwharf so you should come visit!
Have to say I was rather impressed by that.
Yeah definitely! I'm looking forward to independent life . I might have to visit some time in the summer then, as I have no plans so far!
luminarychild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have to say I was rather impressed by that.
Yeah definitely! I'm looking forward to independent life . I might have to visit some time in the summer then, as I have no plans so far!
I'm glad you were :lol:
Make the most out of uni life! be free :jive::jiggy: My parents have got me to commute but I'm trying to change their mind haha and yeah you should come down, we could link up? I could be your tour guide
aliphineur
Rep:
?
I'm glad you were :lol:
Make the most out of uni life! be free :jive::jiggy: My parents have got me to commute but I'm trying to change their mind haha and yeah you should come down, we could link up? I could be your tour guide
Parents suck when it comes to stuff like this haha! My dad wants me to commute too - I'm 100% refusing lol.
Yeha I wouldn't mind that haha! I'm pretty sure you're not a serial killer so it should be ok
Raej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi i have an interview at Sussex uni and please may i know what they asked in the interview? thanks
aliphineur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raej)
Hi i have an interview at Sussex uni and please may i know what they asked in the interview? thanks
I think the Brighton interview was a little bit different to other conventional interviews. They were group interviews, we were in fours. They gave us a scenario and asked us how we would react to the scenario, and what would be the right thing to do. They told us the only wrong thing to do would be to not participate. It was very straightforward.
saini1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
I have a couple of interviews coming up (Uni of Brighton interview this Saturday, eek) and I'm trying my best to prepare for them, but I'm really unsure as to where I'm supposed to start?

If anybody can offer me any sort of advice, I will be forever grateful!
Hey I've been told to complete the online aptitude test for Brighton!! I was wondering what types of math questions they ask? This would be a great help, thank you!!
aliphineur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by saini1998)
Hey I've been told to complete the online aptitude test for Brighton!! I was wondering what types of math questions they ask? This would be a great help, thank you!!
Hi! I don't remember off the top of my head exactly, but I remember it being pretty straightforward, didn't take me long at all. I remember having to use the molarity equation, and that's it I'm afraid.

Only advice I can give is to have paper and pen ready, I usually do things in my head but I was so high strung about getting into uni that I had to write out all my working out and check them three times over.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads