Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did anyone buy themselves a Valentine's day present? Watch

Announcements

If you haven't then I encourage you to do it because you are worth it and deserve a bit of spoiling even if you are single!

I was in the Oxford/Bond Street area today and thought why the hell not? I bought myself some make up from Victoria Secret, some Agent Provocateur perfume, lingerie set and matching gown from Debenhams and some chocolates for my family I feel so good now

Anyone else bought something for themselves, family or close friends i.e. non romantic gifts?

ReputationRep:
    Too poor so i'm just here deciding what career to marry
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to get some new books to read :love:

ReputationRep:
    i thought about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    My grades say marry rich but my face says study more lol

ReputationRep:
    I am the present :smug:

Spending just a couple of pounds on chocolates will make it all better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    My grades say marry rich but my face says study more lol
    Haha cute

Idk money is important but I just need to feel satisfied, rather be poor but satisfied than rich and bored, but it's all a mess lol got no idea

ReputationRep:
    No - but I'm getting money for shopping/cinema {SO EXCITED FOR DEADPOOL } a few days after. Plus the Walking Dead is coming back on Sunday so that will be really nice.

(Original post by booksandcats)
    i thought about it
    Just do it!

ReputationRep:
    I was tempted to by myself roes and chocolates , till my mum thought It was stupid idea to buy em for my self hahaha

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Yes, you should. Have a nice day reading

(Original post by sabihah)
    I was tempted to by myself roes and chocolates , till my mum thought It was stupid idea to buy em for my self hahaha
    Ignore you mum and do it anyway so deserve it and it will feel good

ReputationRep:
    Haha cute

Idk money is important but I just need to feel satisfied, rather be poor but satisfied than rich and bored, but it's all a mess lol got no idea
    Same here, money so stability but there's no point being stable in a state that you're not happy in, I'm sure you'll find something fulfilling hat makes you happy though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just do it!
    you know what, I'm gonna bc i think i deserve some chocolate and other things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo1)
    I am the present :smug:
    Forgot what thread this was and thought you were being arrogant philosophical

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Spending just a couple of pounds on chocolates will make it all better
    Nah the guilty + energy depression will not be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    What books?

ReputationRep:
    i bought myself a 1oz silver curb chain as the main focus of a set i bought using business start-up self saved funds but i'll make a profit on the other to cover that cost

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I bought myself a box of champagne chocolate truffles and a sappy love story - usually I like to read thrillers by Lee Child or Stephen King but I like to mix it up and get a bit ropey from time to time just to ease all that thriller book style writing, to keep a healthy mind I suppose. Also picked up a couple of chocolate hearts and some scented candles cos I love me so I deserve to smell a nice environment around me.

Valentine's day isn't different to any other day of the week. If people truly loved each other they'd do things on other days too not just this one reserved one. It's all marketing and brainwashing consumerism.

ReputationRep:
    I got myself some things from coco de mer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.