Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to get affordable semi formal tailored collar shirts? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always see men in smart dress collar shirts that are smart but they pull off casually in every day wear or a shirt you could go to a party with. Most shirts I see look formal to me. Where can you get this semi formal/casual tailored fit type? And somewhere affordable?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend you to go to crazydeals.com From there you can get good quality dress collar shirts. If you are not satisfied with the prices then you can go to eBay.

ReputationRep:
    tailor made cost an arm and a leg ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    I always see men in smart dress collar shirts that are smart but they pull off casually in every day wear or a shirt you could go to a party with. Most shirts I see look formal to me. Where can you get this semi formal/casual tailored fit type? And somewhere affordable?
    Next have some semi casual shirts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    It's not clear what you mean by "smart dress collar shirts." To me, a dress collar shirt is for black tie occasions. Alternatively, there are detachable shirt collars which are a bit 'Peaky Blinder' but fashionable. There's also Classic, Winged, Button down, Spread, Cutaway, Club, Tab…

Can you show us a picture of how you interpret 'smart dress collar shirts?'

ReputationRep:
    Don't get "tailored" shirts. Get your shirts tailored.

Buy a shirt that fits you in the collar/length (these are the hardest to tailor), then take them to a tailor (normally in shoe cobbler type places or dry-cleaners) and get them tailored to your sleeve length/waist. Normally costs about £5 a shirt.

Much better to get a £10 shirt that's been tailored to YOU for £5 than a £15 shirt.

Looks great.

SS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACJHealy)
    He says and so I think it's fair to assume he means a classic.
    It's not about you and your assumptions. It's about the intention of the OP.

ReputationRep:
    i'm female, sweetie, and offered clarification rather than insults. Try it sometime.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.