Axlerod
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I was originally planning on doing Edexcel maths a level but was told about last years c1 and c2 being the worst and hardest ever from several people which has kinda put me off a little bit? I just wanted to know which would you say is the easiest maths a level exam board?
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Edexcel still probably the easiest due to abundance of resources. From what I've seen AQA is pretty easy also

(Original post by Axlerod)
Hi, I was originally planning on doing Edexcel maths a level but was told about last years c1 and c2 being the worst and hardest ever from several people which has kinda put me off a little bit? I just wanted to know which would you say is the easiest maths a level exam board?
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AQA is by far the easiest
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tried a few chapters from different modules in AQA and they were easier than Edexcel's equivalents

Though saying that, most of Edexcel is pretty good
unstabledean0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am doing edexcel maths
edexcel c1 and c2 are not hard
i finished m1 s1 fp1 c1 c2 and currently finishing s2 but personally i don't think they are hard, but i am not sure about other exam boards,
i am not sure how easy or difficult the other modules would be (i.e. m3-m5, fp3, S3-s4 )
i would recomment edexcel because the are lot of resources, so you can revise for the exam properly
PedanticStudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
Really? Comparing AQA's C1 to WJEC's C1, I think that wjec is quite a bit easier.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PedanticStudent)
Really? Comparing AQA's C1 to WJEC's C1, I think that wjec is quite a bit easier.
you have to look at more than 1 paper
Shiv is Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol i did C1 and C2 last year they were on par as every other paper i got an A for both. The only part which was hard was plugging a gradient into dy/dx. Stick with edexcel. They've got loads of resources and most likely going to make the paper easier since people found it hard last year.
Axlerod
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Shiv is Light)
Lol i did C1 and C2 last year they were on par as every other paper i got an A for both. The only part which was hard was plugging a gradient into dy/dx. Stick with edexcel. They've got loads of resources and most likely going to make the paper easier since people found it hard last year.
Which do you reckon is easier, s1/s2, m1/m2 or d1/d2?
zetamcfc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
Totally agree, as per usual.
Shiv is Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This year Im doing C3. C4, and M1. I think S1 is easiest for most people but personally for me it's M1 even though most people find it difficult. Also thanks for the rep, chum!
Ayyylmaoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haven't tried other exam boards but got like full UMS in all my modules for Edexcel, used examsolutions which helped a ton.
GLYNN98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
You're tripping right? Have you never seen an OCR past paper...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pentaquark
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AQA.
My school changed from Edexcel to AQA for the reason that Edexcel papers are getting harder.
The questions are all similar if you go through all the past papers. No nasty surprises.
Well yet anyway
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We offer any combination so S1/M1 or S1/D1 are probably the most common choices. S1 is tedious but not difficult.

All boards are different and I don't think there is one that is easier than the others as you need to consider the mark schemes and grade boundaries, not just the papers.

I'd take Edexcel purely because there are so many resources online.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GLYNN98)
You're tripping right? Have you never seen an OCR past paper...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you for educating me ...
GLYNN98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
thank you for educating me ...
Welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All boards are roughly the same. Just stay away from OCR, MEI and CIE. I think TeeEm will agree with that.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
All boards are roughly the same. Just stay away from OCR, MEI and CIE. I think TeeEm will agree with that.
TeeEm's favourite
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Student403)
TeeEm's favourite
can't wait for him to respond to that :lol::laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed