The Student Room Group

Accidental shoplifting?

So I was at WalMart the other day and I was really busy and had a lot on my mind. I could swear I checked out, and I walked out with $15 less than when I walked in. I got stopped on my way out and asked for a receipt. I realized that I didn't remember what I did with it, but since I was sure that I had checked out and paid, I went and asked for it to be printed off again. It wasn't in the system! After two days of coming in to personally investigate this (because I don't want shoplifting on my conscience) I found out that I didn't check out at all! I don't have the money anymore to pay for it, and it was approximately $16 worth of stuff. (I lost $15 apparently) I don't know what to do. I can't pay it off and I don't want a shoplifting charge or for WalMart to be mad at me. What should I do?
(edited 8 years ago)
What are walmart saying? Do they want you to just pay and then that is that? Can you not save up $16 to pay for it?

I would be more worried about how you can forget that you didn't pay. Maybe see a doctor too?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending