Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel18)
    lol didn't see your post there think i should get my eyes tested!, but hey you see VM has 2 votes lol
    VM's been winning alot of the votes, we rule

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, how do we 'prospective students' know that another College isn't better than VM or nething others fot example.....Need proof lol....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musical_shoes)
    The thing is, how do we 'prospective students' know that another College isn't better than VM or nething others fot example.....Need proof lol....
    cos university college is in a castle. OH YEAH
    lol

but, i do think you have a fair point!

ReputationRep:
    chicken soup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    chicken soup
    i agree.... chicken soup.

(i dont get it)

nervous laughter AHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    i agree.... chicken soup.
    Pah! I disagree completely - tomato soup, obviously :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Pah! I disagree completely - tomato soup, obviously :rolleyes:
    Oh no! Not the tomato soup! *sighs* seems like VM isn't the best after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenkennykenken)
    Oh no! Not the tomato soup! *sighs* seems like VM isn't the best after all
    Not tomato? What then?....Broccoli, perhaps? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Not tomato? What then?....Broccoli, perhaps? :confused:
    I have no idea...I think I've confused myself :confused: I need to make everyone forget I ever said "Oh no, not the tomato soup!"

*flashes MIB camera stick thing*

Edit: Is it just me, or are the smilies not showing up?

Edit2: Omg Germany might be out!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Musical Shoes

Don't know if this will help, but I'll be as honest as I can:

I've chosen Durham for Music for this October, even though other unis may be more 'flavour of the moment'. My first choice was (and still would be if I could think of any way I could get in!) Cambridge, not because of the relative prestige but because, although I am a competent performer in several instruments, my interest is in the academic study of music. Yes, I am that sad git who enjoys poring over fiendishly vile harmony and counterpoint! The Cambridge course is very academic - in fact almost exclusively so - whereas others all seemed to have quite a large percentage of performance in the degree. Durham seemed to offer me the options I would prefer, plus I felt very comfortable in the collegiate system, when I visited there.

York came highly recommended but it didn't appeal to me. They run a modular course, with several different elements and you study alongside second and third years. You can pick the ways you want to be assessed but I got the impression they place quite an emphasis on performance.

Nottingham seemed to have a lot of composition and I didn't fancy that either. My friend's dad teaches at KCL and it came highly recommended but I couldn't stand the thought of living in central London.

I also looked at Cardiff, Leeds and Royal Holloway. The last is quite interesting because it is in partnership with the RCM and you can have lessons there too. I was tempted but it felt a bit ghost-town like.

Durham has given me what I think is a low offer of BBB. In fact all my offers are BBB, although I guess cambridge would have been AAA/AAB.

I'm going to Cuth's btw, which I found very friendly and welcoming. It's on the bailey. I don't know what the fixation is about sharing rooms, not having en suite etc etc. I certainly don't have en suite at home, so what's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to think no1 was out there! Unlike you, I am more interested in performance, but I have been looking at similar places to you. Yorks seems to be winning for me at the moment, but obviously I need to visit. Does Durham put most focus on the analysis side of music more so than anything?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.