Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing this tomorrow afternoon?

Has anyone got any general advice, because I'm nowhere, and don't have time to go over everything...

HELP! PLEASE?! Panic has already set in! :eek:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing it but no advice 4 revision im afraid, im doing AWFUL myself as it is

ReputationRep:
    It seems so much harder than the others. EVen P4 wasn't this much of a struggle...

ReputationRep:
    personally i messed up p4 cus my nerves TOTALLY got the better of me, so i think i ended up doing better in P5 today, hopefully it can pull my mark up after P4

ReputationRep:
    P5 wasn't so bad today, I thought it was quite a reasonable paper. Although for the question where you had to do a differential equation to get it in the form y^2 = f(x), I realised I forgot to work out the constant, so I just ended up with y^2 = ln(x+2). Most of the rest was fine, couple of dodgy bits though.

ReputationRep:
    yeh but after heated debate with my friends, we realised u COULDNT find a constant because they did not give u any values to find the constant from so yeh, i just got y^2=ln(x+2) + c

what did ppl get for the very last question? no-one i've spoken to seems to have got the same as me...which was (pi^2)-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzeebubs)
    yeh but after heated debate with my friends, we realised u COULDNT find a constant because they did not give u any values to find the constant from so yeh, i just got y^2=ln(x+2) + c

what did ppl get for the very last question? no-one i've spoken to seems to have got the same as me...which was (pi^2)-4
    A couple of my friends got that - I didn't, but I didn't expect it to be right. I think yours is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    A couple of my friends got that - I didn't, but I didn't expect it to be right. I think yours is right
    what did u guys get for the mid ordinate question..id never actually done that b4..only trapezium or simpsons..dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    what did u guys get for the mid ordinate question..id never actually done that b4..only trapezium or simpsons..dammit.
    Likewise, only done the other two It was quite a small number i think, but I don't know if it was right.

ReputationRep:
    did u actually know how to do it? ..i didnt....i used some method and got 0.800..?

there was one where u had to work out stationary points too..and then draw the graph..

i got asymptotes for x=-1 and y=x?
    and st points at 0,0 and -2,-4 i think

does that sound right?

ReputationRep:
    did u actually know how to do it? ..i didnt....i used some method and got 0.800..?

there was one where u had to work out stationary points too..and then draw the graph..

i got asymptotes for x=-1 and y=x?
    and st points at 0,0 and -2,-4 i think

does that sound right?
    Hehe, you're picking out all the questions that I couldn't do I definitely got x=-1. To be honest, I didn't revise much for this paper because I only need 1 UMS mark for an A overall. The only other mistake i made (aside from the one's already mentioned) was forgetting to divide the x^3 term in the 2nd binomial expansion one by 6, so I had it as 48x^3, not 8x^3.

ReputationRep:
    I got something wrong. -9.something I think. But the method was correct. I think.

What answers can everyone remember so I can compare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemming)
    I got something wrong. -9.something I think. But the method was correct. I think.

What answers can everyone remember so I can compare?
    10cos(theta + 74) (74 ish)

for one of em?

what did ur graph look like? (anything like mine attached?)

that shud say x=-2 not x=3
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    10cos(theta + 74) (74 ish)

for one of em?

what did ur graph look like? (anything like mine attached?)

that shud say x=-2 not x=3
    Nope. Nothing like it...

I was just guessing though - I couldn't work them out, but now I'll never need to again!

What did you get for k in binomial parts?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Nothing like it...

I was just guessing though - I couldn't work them out, but now I'll never need to again!

What did you get for k in binomial parts?
    i didnt do it..missed it out just because when i looked at it i thought 'never seen this before' so just moved on. shudnt have done though because i realised how simple it was afterwardss ..anyway the answer was k=4

ReputationRep:
    i didnt do it..missed it out just because when i looked at it i thought 'never seen this before' so just moved on. shudnt have done though because i realised how simple it was afterwardss ..anyway the answer was k=4
    Is it me, or do AQA love me with Maths this year? Did anyone see AQA B Pure 1 and AQA B Pure 2 Exam Papers?!

Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Oh hell. I had two goes and got 1/2 and 2. I should've just divided them and got 4...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *bono_1997*)
    Is it me, or do AQA love me with Maths this year? Did anyone see AQA B Pure 1 and AQA B Pure 2 Exam Papers?!

Amazing!
    I resat P1 this time. What did you think (I'm assuming you found it very easy). I should've done much better this time - I'm at the end of the course now- just done P5. Everyone in my class laughed at me for resitting P1! But I should've come out with less than a B now. If I do, I don't deserve a qualification at all...

ReputationRep:
    I resat P1 this time. What did you think (I'm assuming you found it very easy). I should've done much better this time - I'm at the end of the course now- just done P5. Everyone in my class laughed at me for resitting P1! But I should've come out with less than a B now. If I do, I don't deserve a qualification at all...
    Did anyone get 0.2something for the midordinate rule?
    and for the vector question what angles did you find?(18.5?)

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.