Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Told guy I like him. Discovered he's laughing behind my back. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One of my mutual friends with this guy told me this.

So I've been chatting with my crush for a while now, and he's being pretty nice, and told me he likes me back.

But then, he told one of his friends that he doesn't have time for this, and said "what's wrong with her? Is she really that stupid?"

This friend however, is a really nice guy, and came and told me, and told me he felt bad, but I should know the truth.

Initially I was angry, but now I feel, sad. Like, my self-esteem is low, and I'm feeling insecure, about my looks, my intelligence.....and.....I just feel like crying....

I don't know what to do. Please help me.
    "what's wrong with her? Is she really that stupid?" - What was he referring to?

Depends on the context as to whether it should be considered as 'laughing behind your back' or not imo.

But regardless, I wouldn't talk about someone I liked in that way.

ReputationRep:
    Theres not a lot of info in the op, can you give us a bit more information about this guy and his 'reputation', your history with him, who's contacting who, and your ages? That will help in determining what's going on here

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Omg he's so mean .. How can we do such things >< instead of telling you he likes you he should have said the truth.

Such a guy does not deserve you ma chérie:heart:

I know it's hard to forget someone you like but with him you better do :/

Do not cry , he does not deserve ANY of your tears ! And I bet you're intelligent, kind, beautiful and a lot of other great things that an other "real" guy will appreciate for real <3
    Merci Beaucoup ma amie! Je suis contente apres je se lis.

Omg, my 10th grade french. I know my grammar is way off

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    "what's wrong with her? Is she really that stupid?" - What was he referring to?

Depends on the context as to whether it should be considered as 'laughing behind your back' or not imo.

But regardless, I wouldn't talk about someone I liked in that way.
    Yeah. He was talking about the confessing thing, because there really is nothing else he could mean. I think he meant it in the context "Is she stupid enough to tell me this crap, thinking I'll agree"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. He was talking about the confessing thing, because there really is nothing else he could mean. I think he meant it in the context "Is she stupid enough to tell me this crap, thinking I'll agree"
    Confessing what? :confused:

Or do you mean confessing that you liked him?

Sorry, I don't understand.

Merci Beaucoup ma amie! Je suis contente apres je se lis.

Omg, my 10th grade french. I know my grammar is way off
    That's not so bad ! Allow me to correct <3 :
    Mon amie ; and
    -> je suis contente après ce que je lis

But we still understand you, and no worry french is hard I know :P

Hope you'll find someone who truely loves you for who you are , and who assume it entirely <3

(Do not hesitate to correct me if I make faults please ; it helps me improve )

(Original post by tootles44)
    Theres not a lot of info in the op, can you give us a bit more information about this guy and his 'reputation', your history with him, who's contacting who, and your ages? That will help in determining what's going on here
    Yeah. Sure. My history with him is we're pretty good friends, since seventh grade. We're not BEST friends, but we talk. He was my senior, and we met when I was in Year 7, so, about 5 years now. We've been in the same house in school for all 5, so, in interhouse debating competitions and on stage narration and stuff, we were always together.

His reputation. Well, he's never been that rude to me, but he is known to be quite an outspoken guy, who doesn't mince words. He does mock people, but I don't think it's intentional. I thought I could excuse him, because he, personally, was NEVER mean to me, but was to a lot of other people.

I told him that I like him. So me contacting him. But then, he said he likes me back.

We're two years apart. I'm 16 and he's 18.

Confessing what? what did you tell him?

Or do you mean confessing that you liked him?

Sorry, I don't understand.
    No, no, it's fine! I confessed that I liked him, and then he proceeded to laugh at me for it. Yet, he told me he liked me too. So, that's confusing

ReputationRep:
    what an utter knob

That's not so bad ! Allow me to correct <3 :
    Mon amie ; and
    -> je suis contente après ce que je lis

But we still understand you, and no worry french is hard I know :P

Hope you'll find someone who truely loves you for who you are , and who assume it entirely <3

(Do not hesitate to correct me if I make faults please ; it helps me improve )
    Thank you! I've forgotten all my 10th grade french, but I loved the subject.

It's a beautiful language. I'm glad you like it.

I'm probably not the best person to critique your french.

(Original post by Milzime)
    what an utter knob
    I know. Thing is, I still can't get over him. It's so annoying. It just kills me that my confession meant nothing to him, and all he has to do is laugh about it.

ReputationRep:
    No, no, it's fine! I confessed that I liked him, and then he proceeded to laugh at me for it. Yet, he told me he liked me too. So, that's confusing
    Yeah, that's why I'm confused, I don't understand behaviour like that.

So you mean he basically said "I can't believe she was stupid enough to tell me this, does she seriously think I'd like her back?" which doesn't seem like something anyone with a functional amount of braincells would say. It sounds like high school bullying straight out of a crappy American Teen movie.

I can understand how upsetting it is for you now. :<

Maybe you should avoid him/block him from now on and try to forget the situation.

ReputationRep:
    I know. Thing is, I still can't get over him. It's so annoying. It just kills me that my confession meant nothing to him, and all he has to do is laugh about it.
    I hate it when people pull shhite like this ugggghhhhhhhhh

are you guys still talking? I never play mind games tbh but if I were you I'd try make him feel bad lmao (by just blanking him or something like that -im not experienced with that kind of thing hahahah)

Yeah, that's why I'm confused, I don't understand behaviour like that.

So you mean he basically said "I can't believe she was stupid enough to tell me this, does she seriously think I'd like her back?" which doesn't seem like something anyone with a functional amount of braincells would say. It sounds like high school bullying straight out of a crappy American Teen movie.

I can understand how upsetting it is for you now. :<

Maybe you should avoid him/block him from now on and try to forget the situation.
    Right? It does, doesn't it?

It is incredibly annoying, and that's what I'm doing, just trying to forget it happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    maybe he's just saying that bc he's shy or embarrassed that he likes you, either way you should drop him
    She definitely doesn't need him in her life. I personally would've confronted him about it

Thank you! I've forgotten all my 10th grade french, but I loved the subject.

It's a beautiful language. I'm glad you like it.

I'm probably not the best person to critique your french.
    Anw by correcting I meant my english haha :3 because I'm french and french is my native language :lol:

(Original post by Milzime)
    I hate it when people pull shhite like this ugggghhhhhhhhh

are you guys still talking? I never play mind games tbh but if I were you I'd try make him feel bad lmao (by just blanking him or something like that -im not experienced with that kind of thing hahahah)
    Nope, I sent a reply, before I found out about this, but after this, I'm straight up ignoring.

I can't stand to look at him anymore.

(Original post by queen-bee)
    She definitely doesn't need him in her life. I personally would've confronted him about it
    I probably should. But I'm a little bit scared...

Anw by correcting I meant my english haha :3 because I'm french and french is my native language :lol:

Well, that's embarrassing. Maybe that's why he thinks I'm stupid........

ReputationRep:
    Just confront him and put the issue to bed instead of fannying about on here, ffs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.