Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This crush is affecting my life big time Watch

Announcements

I've got this crush on a girl, pretty big crush to say the least. I've had other crushes in the past which have lasted a few weeks then passed, but this time its different. I liked this girl, I got a sense that she liked me, we met up and I guess the crush got a bit more.. 'intense'? Probably not the best word to use but I hope you guys catch my drift.

Anyways, this crush has gotten me into a bit of a depressed/down phase, since October time I will come home from school and just sit in my room, not talking to anyone feeling like complete ****. And as cliche as it sounds the only thing that would cheer me up was seeing a message from her.

But recently after taking some steps back and seeing where I stand, its looking like nothing is going to happen between us. The thought of this makes my stomach turn, not in an anger sense but more of a worry sense. The analogy I've had about the whole thing is that I've gotten so caught up in my thoughts about me and her as she's the first girl to actually show an interest in me that I haven't realized she might not want anything more than friendship.

I just wanted your lots opinion on this, part of me wants to let go as its been nothing but worry ever since last year. But the other part of me wants to hang on and try and work on whatever chance I have, however small that is.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her. See what she says. And then you can move on. If it's requited then yay but if it's not then you can fully get over it and stop holding onto hope which is the must crushing thing about unrequited love/lust.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you not think anything will happen between you? Have you made any moves on her? A lot of girls will wait for the guy to make a move first. How old are you both? Do you still talk regularly? I'd say you never know how she feels or felt about you unless you ask. What have you really got to lose at this point?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her, flirt, ask her out, see what happens. If it doesn't work you have to distance yourself and let them go.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Tell her. See what she says. And then you can move on. If it's requited then yay but if it's not then you can fully get over it and stop holding onto hope which is the must crushing thing about unrequited love/lust.
    It'll probably be best if I speak to her about it before jumping ship, just in case!

(Original post by Katarvi)
    Why do you not think anything will happen between you? Have you made any moves on her? A lot of girls will wait for the guy to make a move first. How old are you both? Do you still talk regularly? I'd say you never know how she feels or felt about you unless you ask. What have you really got to lose at this point?
    Received mixed signals, and no I havent yet. We're both at uni and we did talk regularly. There's nothing to lose at this point, other than a friendship between us both.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Talk to her, flirt, ask her out, see what happens. If it doesn't work you have to distance yourself and let them go.
    I'll try that out, we talk regularly and i've tried dropping in a few flirty hints before, none of which did me any good...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I know what you mean, it's hard to find out. May I ask how did you two meet?

ReputationRep:
    You need to tell her asap and see what she thinks about you.

If she's not interested, you need to cut her out of your life... A friendship is the last thing you want. I made that mistake, the girl has become one of my best friends and it's too late for me to cut her out of my life, we have too many mutual friends I can't avoid her without avoiding everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got this crush on a girl, pretty big crush to say the least. I've had other crushes in the past which have lasted a few weeks then passed, but this time its different. I liked this girl, I got a sense that she liked me, we met up and I guess the crush got a bit more.. 'intense'? Probably not the best word to use but I hope you guys catch my drift.

Anyways, this crush has gotten me into a bit of a depressed/down phase, since October time I will come home from school and just sit in my room, not talking to anyone feeling like complete ****. And as cliche as it sounds the only thing that would cheer me up was seeing a message from her.

But recently after taking some steps back and seeing where I stand, its looking like nothing is going to happen between us. The thought of this makes my stomach turn, not in an anger sense but more of a worry sense. The analogy I've had about the whole thing is that I've gotten so caught up in my thoughts about me and her as she's the first girl to actually show an interest in me that I haven't realized she might not want anything more than friendship.

I just wanted your lots opinion on this, part of me wants to let go as its been nothing but worry ever since last year. But the other part of me wants to hang on and try and work on whatever chance I have, however small that is.
    I had a similar problem a while ago. I just found that it is better to have her as a friend. Imagine if you went out and it ended badly. You wouldn't just lose the relationship but also a friend

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.