The Student Room Group

Favourite anime?

Scroll to see replies

Not a fan of anime (I suppose I enjoyed it many years ago when I was around 8-11 and quite a few were on TV... like that mew mew cat one) though ! I enjoy Black Butler (I keep on track with the comics) the anime series is also pretty good, although a bit cheesy in some parts. :K: In fact, the reason I'm not a fan is because 99% of it is SUPER cheesy. (A lot of it genuinely makes me cringe)

It also must be mentioned though, my two favourite films of all time are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I watched them when I was very young (hell, I was around 4 when I watched Spirited Away) and I don't think I've ever watched something so gripping and magical.
:biggrin:
Original post by Falakditta
Oml Ikrr!!😂 yukine is so adorable

Omg yeh he is I loved him aswell, and hiyori's so sweet too, i love the little friendship they all have ;3 I need a third season now though :c
Original post by draculaura
Not a fan of anime (I suppose I enjoyed it many years ago when I was around 8-11 and quite a few were on TV... like that mew mew cat one) though ! I enjoy Black Butler (I keep on track with the comics) the anime series is also pretty good, although a bit cheesy in some parts. :K: In fact, the reason I'm not a fan is because 99% of it is SUPER cheesy. (A lot of it genuinely makes me cringe)

It also must be mentioned though, my two favourite films of all time are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I watched them when I was very young (hell, I was around 4 when I watched Spirited Away) and I don't think I've ever watched something so gripping and magical.

Tbh you're right alot of anime can be really cheesy but just like anything else like films and stuff you've just gotta watch the right ones and they're actually incredible :biggrin: Well not all of them are cheesy anyway heh ;3 and yeh those movies are really magical :biggrin:
Original post by Dinasaurus
What's everyone total time watched on MyAnimeList? I'm on 47.9 days lol

mines 50.41 but tbh that's including the enormous amount of pokemon i've watched heh.. ;D but here's myanimelist if you wanna check it out ;D http://myanimelist.net/profile/ILuvAipomZ you can add me if you like ^-^
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
mines 50.41 but tbh that's including the enormous amount of pokemon i've watched heh.. ;D but here's myanimelist if you wanna check it out ;D http://myanimelist.net/profile/ILuvAipomZ you can add me if you like ^-^

I've watched a lot of Pokémon but I can't add it because I was so young when I did, I have no idea which episodes I've watched or not. http://myanimelist.net/history/Senpai-Sama-San/anime

I'm not exactly an active viewer, other than the 3 I added yesterday my last update was in 2013.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've watched a lot of Pokémon but I can't add it because I was so young when I did, I have no idea which episodes I've watched or not. http://myanimelist.net/history/Senpai-Sama-San/anime

I'm not exactly an active viewer, other than the 3 I added yesterday my last update was in 2013.

Ahh I see, I actually rewatched pokemon from the beginning about 4 yours ago when i was like 13.. So yeh I can say I've seen every episode ( yeah i know sad.. ;-; ) but ohhh i see sometimes I will just stop watching completely for abit then i'll see like a video or an AMV and randomly want to start watching it again really badly haha
Original post by XcitingStuart
I barely watched any anime, but these are ones I loved:
- Mirai Nikki
- Code Geass
- High School of the Dead had so much potential, but never carried on :frown:
- Naruto for its fan fiction fan base, (fan fiction archive.) People have written so many amazing stories online. :smile:

I really like those animes too, although i haven't started watching naruto yet (but will do!) and yeh ikr I swear I remember a second season of HOTD being announced like a few years ago but it never happened :frown:
Quite an old(?) one: kindaichi case files
Cried when I watched anohana :colondollar:
And kuroshitsuji ofc
Original post by JaffaNeko
Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Free!, Tokyo Ghoul and Ouran High School Host Club :3 xxx

Omggg Ouran HSHC I watched that sooo long ago! :biggrin: It was really good tho :biggrin: Also I loved Free it was funny aha :biggrin: Still waiting for AoT S2 ;(
Original post by Junioh
Quite an old(?) one: kindaichi case files
Cried when I watched anohana :colondollar:
And kuroshitsuji ofc

Haven't heard of the first one o: When I watched Anohana I was expecting to cry from everything i'd heard about it but I didn't :'C (I must have no soul). I've been recommended Black Butler loads of times but I haven't watched it yet aha ;D
Original post by Vikingninja
Kyoukai no Kanata
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Not sao

Not SAO that made me laugh haha xD May I ask why? :wink:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Too hard to have one fav , but the front runners would be Hunter x Hunter , One piece , Bleach , AOT , ( Probably tons im missing out :l)

Best this season are Ajin , boku dake ga inai machi and hai to gensou no grimgar

Ooo I'm watching Bleach atm ;p HxH is fricken amazing ;D And ugh I wish I could watch anime weekly but I have to wait till they're all finished otherwise I just forget what happened in the previous episode D; I prefer watching stuff over like a couple of days :tongue:
Haven't heard of the first one o: When I watched Anohana I was expecting to cry from everything i'd heard about it but I didn't :'C (I must have no soul). I've been recommended Black Butler loads of times but I haven't watched it yet aha ;D

The first one is a very old detective/mystery type manga, a bit like detective conan, but much better.
hahahaha don't worry it's defo the song in anohana that got me!
the drawing and style of black butler is perfect. All time favorite.
Im also into yaoi, sekai ichi hatsukoi is really cute
Not SAO that made me laugh haha xD May I ask why? :wink:

Because its ****.
Original post by fandom-queen
Death note, Another and Lovely Complex.

Classics

Omg I found someone who loves LoveCom as much as I do ;3 I dont know if its popular but it just seems so underrated ;-;
Original post by Vikingninja
Because its ****.

Lmao, well good reasoning I guess
Original post by Random.guy
One cannot have a favourite, but there are load of anime I like- fate series (fate stay night/zero/unlimited blade works, some movies), ranma 1/2, inuyasha, yu yu hakusho, one punch, baka to test, ouran highschool, black cat, elfen lied, flame of recca and lots more :biggrin:

Ooo you're the first one to mention the fate series i think, i thought more people would have that as their favourite ;D Tbh I preferred UBW to fate/zero but I think that's probabaly because it had more comedy in it but idk tbh xD
Lmao, well good reasoning I guess

[video="youtube;n630nWWjYnM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n630nWWjYnM[/video]
Most of it is true. Already firing shots in the first 15 seconds at Log Horizon. Bit weird in places.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by draculaura

imo the plot is very interesting! Dark and twisted, not sugarcoated crap...
Spirited away and howl's moving castle! Yeah I agree with you:u:
My fave anime is Death Note and Fairy Tail
RWBY is also very good too but it is anime based by rooster teeth and technically not an anime

Quick Reply

Latest