Question to Right/Far-right anti-Islamic people. Watch

oShahpo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do you think of Muslim converts, i.e. those who leave Islam?
Do you have a problem with those people too?
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm left wing

I think anyone stupid enough to join any religion let alone the 'religion of peace' needs their head examined for believing in flying horses or thinking that someone marrying a child should be venerated. Race has nothing to do with it.
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oShahpo)
What do you think of Muslim converts, i.e. those who leave Islam?
Do you have a problem with those people too?
The same as muslims. Like most who are anti islamic, i do not have issue with every muslim, but with thevreligion itself, and traits some muslinms possess. If they still possess some of these traits (because they retain parts of the culture) despite leaving the religion, i will have precisely the same issue with them.
oShahpo
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheArtofProtest)
Yes, because we often can't tell the difference between a Muhammad who practices Islam and a Muhammad that has left Islam.

We also can't tell the difference between a Muslim or a Sikh or a Muslim and a Hindu or just brown people in general.
Okay. So you're, in principle, against someone like me just because of my melanin levels, correct? Even though I am an atheist, socially conscious citizen.
What about non-Brown Muslims? Like those people for instance:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relati...ndschar%22.jpg
al_94
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
I'm left wing

I think anyone stupid enough to join any religion let alone the 'religion of peace' needs their head examined for believing in flying horses or thinking that someone marrying a child should be venerated. Race has nothing to do with it.
What do you think about UFO and aliens?
oShahpo
Rep:
?
Yes, because we often can't tell the difference between a Muhammad who practices Islam and a Muhammad that has left Islam.

We also can't tell the difference between a Muslim or a Sikh or a Muslim and a Hindu or just brown people in general.
Also, let me add, we often can't recognise a criminal or a criminally-insane person from first look. We often can't differentiate between a serial murderer and a normal person by appearance, does that mean you pretty much have a problem with the whole human race?
oShahpo
Rep:
?
We are bonded and come together as a racial group, rather than an anti-theist group.

If we were to meet them in the streets, we would feel an affinity with them because of the skin colour. So long as they are not diametrically opposed to us, we would consider them to be "non-combatants".

We don't really want to fight them, unless it's for our own survival.

Not really. We judge people based on their skin colour first, assuming that they would be like us. If they commit a crime, then it's difficult for us to accept because it would subconsciously mean accepting a failure of our own colour.
Okay, so it's mainly about colour then?
oShahpo
Rep:
?
Primarily, yes.
Is that your point of view btw?
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why do you presume people who don't like the religion of Islam are far right wing? Anybody who supports feminism and lesbian/gay/bi rights has reason to be against Islam as well as the culture that exists in many Muslim countries (and before you ask, yes I also have an issue with bigoted hicks we hear about in America and Russia). It speaks volumes about you that you wish to smear people who don't like a particular religion as far right.

As for your question, I have admiration for those who leave Islam. I do not judge people at all on race and race is no factor in my thinking. There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with judging religions and cultures, despite the desperation of certain facists to dismiss it as racism in a bid to silence criticism and dissent against bigotry and backwards practices and beliefs.
oShahpo
Rep:
?
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
Why do you presume people who don't like the religion of Islam are far right wing? Anybody who supports feminism and lesbian/gay/bi rights has reason to be against Islam as well as the culture that exists in many Muslim countries (and before you ask, yes I also have an issue with bigoted hicks we hear about in America and Russia). It speaks volumes about you that you wish to smear people who don't like a particular religion as far right.

As for your question, I have admiration for those who leave Islam. I do not judge people at all on race and race is no factor in my thinking. There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with judging religions and cultures, despite the desperation of certain facists to dismiss it as racism in a bid to silence criticism and dissent against bigotry and backwards practices and beliefs.
Addressing far-right anti-Islamic people does not mean that all those who are anti-Islamic are far-right. There are far-rights who may not be anti-Islamic, some like to concentrate their hate on the Poles, and there are anti-Islamic people who aren't far right, like myself. My question is directed to this intersection of the two groups.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.14%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (313)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (212)
25%
No, I chose not to (231)
27.24%