Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Valentine's gift Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been seeing this girl for a while now, and she mentioned a few times that she used to absolutely adore plush animals, but that she gave most of them away over time, and that she only kept the most memorable/sentimental ones. As a gift for Valentine's day, I decided to get her a plush animal. But there's a catch. I bought her a four-foot teddy bear. I don't know how will she react at this point. On one hand, I think she'll love it, but on the other I think it might be a wrong decision.

Girls, what do you think? Would you enjoy something like that? By the way, we're both in first year of university.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, if she doesn't want it I'll have it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She will love it dw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    I've been seeing this girl for a while now, and she mentioned a few times that she used to absolutely adore plush animals, but that she gave most of them away over time, and that she only kept the most memorable/sentimental ones. As a gift for Valentine's day, I decided to get her a plush animal. But there's a catch. I bought her a four-foot teddy bear. I don't know how will she react at this point. On one hand, I think she'll love it, but on the other I think it might be a wrong decision.

Girls, what do you think? Would you enjoy something like that? By the way, we're both in first year of university.
    What kind of plush animals does she have already? I think it's a lovely idea if that's what she'd want but a four foot plush animal I'm a dorm room (I'm assuming) might be a bit much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    What kind of plush animals does she have already? I think it's a lovely idea if that's what she'd want but a four foot plush animal I'm a dorm room (I'm assuming) might be a bit much?
    Well, that's the problem, I don't know what kind she already owns, she is not from the UK, I never saw her room back home and she doesn't have any in her dorm room because she didn't take any from home.

I'm worried. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Well, that's the problem, I don't know what kind she already owns, she is not from the UK, I never saw her room back home and she doesn't have any in her dorm room because she didn't take any from home.

I'm worried. :/
    I'm sure regardless she'll really like it, it's a lovely gesture, if you're having doubts you could always buy her a smaller one?

ReputationRep:
    Any other comment? Come on, it's only two days away. :O

ReputationRep:
    OMG I would love a 4 ft teddy bear! I'm sure she will like it

ReputationRep:
    It's a great idea! My boyfriend bought me one last year and I adore it. It sits in my desk chair and then I use it as a fake human when my boyfriend isn't there to cuddle.

ReputationRep:
    I love teddy bears. I usually have a panda bear named jiji with me which Is so soft and cuddly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    OMG I would love a 4 ft teddy bear! I'm sure she will like it
    (Original post by bethwalker85)
    It's a great idea! My boyfriend bought me one last year and I adore it. It sits in my desk chair and then I use it as a fake human when my boyfriend isn't there to cuddle.
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I love teddy bears. I usually have a panda bear named jiji with me which Is so soft and cuddly
    I feel a lot better now! I thought to pair it up with a cute card or something. The only issue is how to get the teddy from the place we meet (outside her place) into her place without her seeing it first. I was thinking of taking my coat off before I reach her door, holding it over the teddy in my arm. Then, we go in, I give her the card, and as she reads it, I pull out the teddy.

Am I overthinking this? Huh.

ReputationRep:
    A four foot teddy bear is rather large but if she loves plush animals, she'd love it. I love cuddly toys and would probably laugh if I saw it and then think it was really, really cute of you

ReputationRep:
    plush animal I also used to love them when were at the first course, but now I prefer another type of gifts,for example wallet http://www.kensington-bespoke.uk/ like this one

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.