1. For a heart problem, surgery and check-ups following surgery - probably about 15 times.
2. A&E for a broken arm as a child
3. Ear surgery as a child as I had skin grown over the eardrum, once (not sure if I had appointments there before or after)
4. A&E for tripping over a tree stump and falling on my face (ouch!) as a child
5 A&E for falling off the bed and landing on a toy which caused a large cut on my back (I was quite the problem child wasn't I?!)
6. Visiting an old family friend in a psychiatric ward.
7. Visiting a family member following their own heart surgery.
8. A&E following a minor car accident (I was fine but was in early pregnancy so was really worried about miscarriage)
9. 4 times for additional antenatal check-ups.
10. 2 separate visits to triage before being admitted to labour ward.
11. Give birth and for a few days following birth.
x Turn on thread page Beta
Apart from when you were born , how many times have you been to the hospital? watch
Last edited by Sazzy890; 11-02-2016 at 20:40. Reason: Keep remembering more!
- 11-02-2016 20:21
Offline22ReputationRep:Very Important Poster
- Very Important Poster
- 11-02-2016 20:33
And I'm not sure how I forgot surgery. Because it was new year / bank holiday, we had to come back up the new few days for dressing changes.
- 11-02-2016 20:38
To visit family - many times, estimate over 50 times but maybe even more as my stepdad and papa don't keep well a lot
Me - about 15 times at A&E. Most serious was for when I had pneumonia and then when they thought I had a blood clot - turned out I just seriously hurt my back exercising a few days before
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 11-02-2016 20:45
Aged 9 only once because of a massive cut on my head
- 11-02-2016 21:47
1. Visiting a relative- must have been around five or six
2. Visiting mum after my little brother was born (was five or six at the time)
3. Visiting family
- 11-02-2016 21:58
I wasn't born anywhere near a hospital.
I have been in hospital though:
- 1994, adenoid removal.
- 1997, release of prepucial adhesion and removal of potentially cancerous moles.
- 1997 part 2, release again of prepucial adhesion (stuck open).
- 1997 part 3, circumcision at my own request.
- 2013, visit to check status of sinus.
- 2013 part 2, had sinus checked again.
- 2013 part 3, blood test preparation for surgery.
- 2013 part 4, turbinates cauterized.
- 2014, allergy test concerning persistent sinus trouble. Left without results; had seizure during proceedings so they were cancelled.
- 2015, hearing test. Turned out my hearing is better than perfect which is why I struggle to focus on speech.
- 11-02-2016 22:09
Just one. When I was about 19 but it was only for like 8 hours really haha
- 11-02-2016 22:14
A lot of times to visit friends and family
Only went twice for myself - once for an eye test and another for a blood test
- 11-02-2016 22:16
I can't even count the number of times smh
- 11-02-2016 22:30
- 11-02-2016 22:31
Once stayed for 3 weeks it was awful, had a heart surgery, had a hole in my heart, SURVIVED.
Posted from TSR MobilLast edited by saba.saba; 11-02-2016 at 22:52.
- 11-02-2016 22:35
once when I spilled boiling water and dropped a kettle on my feet. Got third degree burns, still got the scars. After that I had to go in again to have an operation on my toes, only a small one to fix how ****ed up my nails got in the burning. I've been pretty lucky health wise
- 11-02-2016 23:02
- 12-02-2016 02:17
At least 100 times...
Kvothe the Arcane
Offline20ReputationRep:Community AssistantVery Important Poster
- Community Assistant
- Very Important Poster
- 12-02-2016 02:19
Twice at the age of 7 for allergies
3-5+ times a year between the age of 8 and 14 for asthma
1ce at the age of 14 for acute tonsilities
1ct last year but only to get a palsy diagnosis out of hrs
1ce a few weeks ago but only as an outpatient
- 12-02-2016 13:13
Never for myself, but for family members I've been a few times. I spent a number of hours waiting in A&E after my sister fell over our back garden fence and smashed her top lip open. Then numerous times when a family member had a major health problem :/
- 12-02-2016 14:59
For me personally and not going with a friend/family member:
- Hurt collar bone aged 3 (not sure why now)
- Sprained ankle aged 11
- Torn ligament in hand aged 12
- Dislocated thumb aged 12
- Broken wrist aged 14
- Broken rib aged 19
- Referral from GP for knee x-ray aged 24
- Out of hours GP/Primary Care appointment, also aged 24
- 12-02-2016 15:07
Far too many times to remember
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 12-02-2016 15:08
Saw my granddad in hospital last year, seen a family friend in hospital a couple of times, went for a blood test recently, been for ear test or something, been for a couple of other problems too; enough times to not have kept count I guess
But I've probably only been there for something imminent when I cracked my head open at about 5 (I assume I went there, don't remember..)
- 12-02-2016 15:14
As a patient
1) broke my nose in year 1
2) someone threw a rock and it made a big cut on my head
That's all I can think of for now