Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Conatcting staff at old school? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I left school last year (in year 12 im retaking AS at collage) and my friend whos in year 10 (shes abit like a little sister) is really depressed and is worried about a lot of things including exams and a few isues whith friends a bullying and she is almosed suacidal and has self harmed. she has asked me to contact someone, who works in KS4 office and used to be a TA, about it and we bost know that this person will have to tell her parents and someone higher up in th eschool about it but shes not happy wiht me contacting anyone else and I dont have this persons email but i can message her on facebook (her friend was at school with my brother) but i don tknow if this would be ok bu tim very worried about my friend and i cant really help her much but i kno wthis person can. i know the school doesnt have any rules about staff having contact with ex pupils (i know perople with are fiends with members of staff from school on facebook) I really dont know what i sould do?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could message the teacher on Facebook? Just try not to bother them too much as you obviously can't force them to do anything. At the end of the day the teacher has done their job and don't have to contact ex-pupils for any reason.

I would probably just leave it at that, but don't wait for the teacher to reply as they may not even see the message, just help your friend seek professional help from a doctor or local guidance counsellor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    I suppose you could message the teacher on Facebook? Just try not to bother them too much as you obviously can't force them to do anything. At the end of the day the teacher has done their job and don't have to contact ex-pupils for any reason.

I would probably just leave it at that, but don't wait for the teacher to reply as they may not even see the message, just help your friend seek professional help from a doctor or local guidance counsellor?
    thanks, I probebly wiht try to message her and just make it clear that I didnt know ho elese to contact her. my friend has had isues wiht this before and has had help for it before but the counselor at school was rubbish and really patronising. she has got anxiety medecation but hasn't struggled fro about 18 month now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.