Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rank your top ten occupations of someone you would like to date Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a thing for construction workers ( real men) but I'll feel sad when they come home with their back hurting and skin dirty, skin baked from the sun.

Anything but wal mart and McDonald's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    1. Heiress to large fortune/royalty/child of billionaire etc
    2. Heiress to moderate fortune child of oligarch/or other nobility
    3. A-list Celebrity Musician
    4. A-List Celebrity Actor
    5. Nationally Famous Musician/Actor
    6.Super Model
    7. TV-Star
    8. Model
    9. One of those people who model cosplay like Jessica Nigri (but better looking, not her)
    10. Lottery Winner
    Actually, this is what I wanted to write. Excellent list. It's completely perfect.

ReputationRep:
    good one m8 me too

(Original post by mango peeler)
    I'm dating the person not the damn occupation.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Your post is a massive generalisation. You're telling me someone can't be kind hearted if they're a business person?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are certain traits that are 'useful' in certain professions which you might object to. Just because somebody is pleasant on a personal level doesn't mean you can't object to what they're doing with their life.

ReputationRep:
    Writer
    Architect
    Artist/photographer
    Engineer
    Astro physicist

ReputationRep:
    eel tamer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christone96)
    If you could date anyone and pick their career choice what would it be from 1 to ten

For example
    1: Doctor
    2: Eelectrical/electronic engineer
    3:Nurse
    4:Paramedic
    5: Programmer
    Housewife.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not a physicist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Well I disagree with what everyone else is saying, an occupation is part of the person, if someone is a nurse, and a good one at that they clearly value looking after other people's lives more than say, a businessman who profits from gambling on the market.
    Your post is a massive generalisation. You're telling me someone can't be kind hearted if they're a business person?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A bed made of money is far more comfortable than a bed made of ostensible moral superiority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    A bed made of money is far more comfortable than a bed made of ostensible moral superiority.
    Rather be happy and moral than rich and parasitical. I doubt many nurses share the same view as you, which rather demonstrates my point nicely.

FTSE 100 CEOInvestment BankerTraderBrokerQC (Commercial Bar)City Law firm partnerPremier League Football manager Prince of Sweden Prince of Monaco Fireman

FTSE 100 CEO
    Investment Banker
    Trader
    Broker
    QC (Commercial Bar)
    City Law firm partner
    Premier League Football manager
    Prince of Sweden
    Prince of Monaco
    Fireman
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    There are certain traits that are 'useful' in certain professions which you might object to. Just because somebody is pleasant on a personal level doesn't mean you can't object to what they're doing with their life.
    Of course. But then that's being idealistic... Ultimately, you should care for the person and not what they do on a day to day basis (given it's not illegal). To judge an individuals worth entirely on their occupation is like calling a fish useless because they take in water and not air.

I find it not only grossly judgemental but also a woefully ignorant metric to work by.

ReputationRep:
    Rather be happy and moral than rich and parasitical
    lol you clearly have a warped and mistaken worldview if you think being rich = being a parasite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flippantri)
    lmao dude if you're picking by occuption you've got a big storm coming
    You are evidently a man doing a crap degree.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. But then that's being idealistic... Ultimately, you should care for the person and not what they do on a day to day basis (given it's not illegal). To judge an individuals worth entirely on their occupation is like calling a fish useless because they take in water and not air.

I find it not only grossly judgemental but also a woefully ignorant metric to work by.
    Judging a person by what they spend their time doing is not a good metric? So I can't tell that a monk values spiritually because he sits in a monastery all day? Yes I am generalising, I rather reserve the right to generalise, since induction is a simple method which has achieved many results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    lol you clearly have a warped and mistaken worldview if you think being rich = being a parasite.
    Not really,

Rich people generally get income either from inheritance or non-work related market manipulation, or worse from military aggression, are you telling me the people at the top work 1000x harder than the people at the bottom?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

I think it's a completely valid metric to work by. Why is it ignorant to not show interest in somebody who has committed their life to a career that you think is harmful or who acts in a way that you think is unethical? If anything, I'd be shocked if you didn't care about that - that doesn't say a lot about your respect for your own beliefs and values.

ReputationRep:
    Well I disagree with what everyone else is saying, an occupation is part of the person, if someone is a nurse, and a good one at that they clearly value looking after other people's lives more than say, a businessman who profits from gambling on the market.

Personally:
    - Navy
    - Police
    - Fire service
    - Nurse
    - Teacher
    - Pilot
    - Army
    - Judge
    - Politician
    - Civil Service
    I've dated a nurse and she was a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Not really,

Rich people generally get income either from inheritance or non-work related market manipulation, or worse from military aggression, are you telling me the people at the top work 1000x harder than the people at the bottom?
    Oh I see. You're a communist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.