Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The country where over 50% of teenage girls believe domestic violence is justified. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6866851.html

I'm shocked but strangely, not surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Most will have been told it is their husbands right to beat them.

But as I've always said I are willing to use violence against someone you claim to love you will have no qualms to use it against those you don't

ReputationRep:
    There are far more shocking things when you look at the Pew Polls of beliefs in the Middle-East. More than half hold extremist beliefs overall.

ReputationRep:
    A lot rests on how one defines 'domestic violence' e.g. my wenches get a good firm hand, from time to time, but it's got to be consensual :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    A lot rests on how one defines 'domestic violence' e.g. my wenches get a good firm hand, from time to time, but it's got to be consensual :sexface:
    :mmm: naughty girls

ReputationRep:
    The article says between 25 and 51%

ReputationRep:
    Pakistans society is different to ours...the men have more control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6866851.html

I'm shocked but strangely, not surprised.
    Obviously islamophobia :ahee: less than 1%TM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    :mmm: naughty girls
    Heh. Oh, good girls get a firm hand too, if they ask nicely, dw about that

ReputationRep:
    Heh. Oh, good girls get a firm hand too, if they ask nicely, dw about that
    Does it hurt? :innocent: I have a low pain threshol

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why Feminism(tm) isn't stepping in to opine,but things like how far apart are men's legs on a train are much more important!

ReputationRep:
    Domestic violence is not BDSM, Foo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    I wonder why Feminism(tm) isn't stepping in to opine,but things like how far apart are men's legs on a train are much more important!
    You mean like the All Pakistan Women's Association or the Aurat Foundation for instance? (Two Pakistani women's rights groups that I managed to find after about ten seconds on Wikipedia)

ReputationRep:
    Does it hurt? :innocent: I have a low pain threshol
    Mashallah sister, when did you start acting like a hoe on tsr? Wallahi ill show this to your arab mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Mashallah sister, when did you start acting like a hoe on tsr? Wallahi ill show this to your arab dad
    What are you talking about?

And my father isn't an Arab. Only my mother. I'm half Italian,half middle eastern

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah sister, when did you start acting like a hoe on tsr? Wallahi ill show this to your arab dad
    Them two are so cringy lol

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about?

And my father isn't an Arab. Only my mother. I'm half Italian,half middle eastern
    Check my edit

ReputationRep:
    Check my edit
    My mother has passed away bish. Also,we aren't from a strict Muslim background,we are Christians and I've had two boyfriends whom my parents were extremely okay with
    And my family know about foo and its all good

ReputationRep:
    So what? It used to be a legal right to rape your wife in Britain up until the 90s. Don't throw rocks at glass houses

This is so saddening, I can't believe that so many feel that way

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.