Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if a French classe preparatoire is considered a first degree in Cambridge ? This does not deliver any diploma, only 120 ECTS credits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claravu)
    Does anybody know if a French classe preparatoire is considered a first degree in Cambridge ? This does not deliver any diploma, only 120 ECTS credits.
    I don't think so. You need to complete a degree at a French uni (a licence) and apply for a master.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    College fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I don't think so. You need to complete a degree at a French uni (a licence) and apply for a master.
    Thanks, so according to you I won't have to pay the so-called College tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    College fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes sorry, this is not the right name but I just wanted to know if I'll have to pay the College tuition fees as I have followed a classe preparatoire

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, so according to you I won't have to pay the so-called College tuition fees?
    You're confusing college fees with something else. Do you have an offer from Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    yes sorry, this is not the right name but I just wanted to know if I'll have to pay the College tuition fees as I have followed a classe preparatoire
    :lol: Why should they exempt you? You'll pay like everybody else.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Home and EU students don't pay UG college tuition fees.

Everyone pays for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    xxx
    We pay it for PhDs. :rant:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    We pay it for PhDs. :rant:
    Ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)

there's a difference between college fees and university tuition fees. Everybody pays £9,000 tuition fees but not everybody for the college fees. Those who pay for the college fees are those who already studied for a first degree, but i don't know if a classe preparatoire is considered a first degree as I'll reach no degree at the end, only ECTS credits

ReputationRep:
    there's a difference between college fees and university tuition fees. Everybody pays £9,000 tuition fees but not everybody for the college fees. Those who pay for the college fees are those who already studied for a first degree, but i don't know if a classe preparatoire is considered a first degree as I'll reach no degree at the end, only ECTS credits
    Well you should have said that earlier. No, it is not a degree so you won't be charged. Ask them to be sure.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    To be clear, what degree will you be reading at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying as an affiliate student or for a full/normal undergraduate course?
    If the former, you'll have to pay the college fee but if the latter, you don't have to, I think.
    Perhaps it's better to check with CAO about your status as an applicant. (Esp.on how they treat your current qualification)

ReputationRep:
    To be clear, what degree will you be reading at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a BA degree in economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Are you applying as an affiliate student or for a full/normal undergraduate course?
    If the former, you'll have to pay the college fee but if the latter, you don't have to, I think.
    Perhaps it's better to check with CAO about your status as an applicant. (Esp.on how they treat your current qualification)

I apply as a full time undergraduate course (a BA degree in Economics)

ReputationRep:
    I apply as a full time undergraduate course (a BA degree in Economics)
    Ok. A course doesn't matter. What makes a difference is whether you'll be a full undergraduate student or an affiliate student. So you'll be studying for the full years course, then?
    And am I right in assuming you've been a French (or EU) citizen for a long enough to be classified as an 'EU applicant'?
    If so, I don't think you'll have to pay the college fee.
    But to be 100% sure, check with CAO. Just one email to them will make everything clear. their email address is on the website.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.