Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interview for Theatre support worker (NHS) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an interview for THEATRE SUPPORT WORKER? if so, can you tell me what kind of questions they ask?. I never see websites about TSW and what the interview entails.. so yeah!

Please and thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lt93)

I gather you've never worked in theatres before?
    Having done placements in a theatre I'd imagine they'd ask if you're aware of the sterile field, what to look out for. If anything should go wrong what would you do etc?
    As the other staff are qualified so you'd have them there anyway.
    Do you have any information that they've sent you?
    Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    I gather you've never worked in theatres before?
    Having done placements in a theatre I'd imagine they'd ask if you're aware of the sterile field, what to look out for. If anything should go wrong what would you do etc?
    As the other staff are qualified so you'd have them there anyway.
    Do you have any information that they've sent you?
    Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have not but I have always been interested in it!. They did not send me any information of what the interview entails - I think it is just one-to-one interview.

I just want to know what kind of questions they will ask? Is it similar to Health care assistant questions?

ReputationRep:
    It will be similar to health care assistant questions; such as what would you do with a nervous patient or what would you do if you noticed it was the wrong patient coming into theatre etc..
    Then you may face questions such as how would you cope with a fatality or how would you deal with seeing a person open on the table?
    As you're there support and won't be able to do too much until you have training etc they will cover the basics then could ask about safety etc.
    I'm just guessing here based on when I have been on placement in theatres and what I had to be aware of, eg moving and handling, oxygen, clean areas and sterile areas, the different roles people had within the theatres, different types of surgery etc....
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.