Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I'm trying to decide between which uni offer to confirm between Leeds and Sussex . I have visited the open day and applicant day for both. I would really appreciate some advice/suggestions on what people think as I'm really struggling and it's such an important decision. Please note I do not mean to offend anyone who goes to these Unis, I'm sure some of my views are wrong as I've only been to each Uni twice. I also received an offer from Nottingham, although I didn't particularly love this one I'm still open to advice on it. Here is some background info:

Leeds:
    AAB
    Bsc in Neuroscience, this course definitely offers a year industry which is important to me
    Lovely accommodation at good prices
    Lively city (although I'm not 100% sure this would suit me as I like the countryside. I currently live in a small town in the south and enjoy running outside)
    Modern facilities, very well equipped uni
    Nice architecture
    Russel group uni
    4 hours away from home which is a downside

Sussex
    AAB or ABB if I put them as my first choice
    Bsc in Medical Neurosciene- I do prefer this course to Leeds but it is not clear if a year in industry is possible for this aprticular course
    Loved the atmosphere there, very chilled out and friendly
    I love Brighton and have been there many times
    Accomodation is very expensive and not as nice as leeds
    The building itself is very ugly BUT it is surrounded by a national park
    The facilities such as the gym and the library are nowhere near as nice and modern as leeds, its almost run down
    Only 2 hours from home

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've also applied for neuro and I have the exact same problem, I can't decide between the two! I'm hoping that by going to applicant days I'll have a better idea of which one to go to. btw, what was the Leeds applicant day like? Do they do a taster lecture/lab session?
    Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's so good to know someone's in the same boat! I haven't confirmed it yet but I've decided to pick Leeds over Sussex because it has more to offer besides the course in my opinion. Leeds applicant day was great, they did the usual talks and a lab session yes. I'm sure wherever you go you'll go grow to love it. Thank you! Good luck also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajeb1317)
    Hello
    I'm trying to decide between which uni offer to confirm between Leeds and Sussex . I have visited the open day and applicant day for both. I would really appreciate some advice/suggestions on what people think as I'm really struggling and it's such an important decision. Please note I do not mean to offend anyone who goes to these Unis, I'm sure some of my views are wrong as I've only been to each Uni twice. I also received an offer from Nottingham, although I didn't particularly love this one I'm still open to advice on it. Here is some background info:

Leeds:
    AAB
    Bsc in Neuroscience, this course definitely offers a year industry which is important to me
    Lovely accommodation at good prices
    Lively city (although I'm not 100% sure this would suit me as I like the countryside. I currently live in a small town in the south and enjoy running outside)
    Modern facilities, very well equipped uni
    Nice architecture
    Russel group uni
    4 hours away from home which is a downside

Sussex
    AAB or ABB if I put them as my first choice
    Bsc in Medical Neuroscience- I do prefer this course to Leeds but it is not clear if a year in industry is possible for this aprticular course
    Loved the atmosphere there, very chilled out and friendly
    I love Brighton and have been there many times
    Accomodation is very expensive and not as nice as leeds
    The building itself is very ugly BUT it is surrounded by a national park
    The facilities such as the gym and the library are nowhere near as nice and modern as leeds, its almost run down
    Only 2 hours from home
    Oh My Gosh, I totally agree with you on the building of Sussex uni, I visited it just recently, it felt so dull and boring plus there were simply just too many bricks. I'm in the same situation, i want ot study International development and got offers from both, though i have only been to Sussex right now (I'm gonna go to Leeds at some point) but Leeds just seems better, i have read some reviews about the uni itself, the night life and prices is all said to be better than Sussex.

Hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    The thing you have to remember about Leeds is that yes, it is a big city, but it is a typical Yorkshire city in the fact that you're only ever at most 15 minutes away from the countryside in a car.

ReputationRep:
    So which one did you choose? I'm confused as you were... can you give me some information about both of the two universities?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.