Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Suggest and explain two other ways that organisations such as banks, charities.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Suggest and explain two other ways that organisations such as banks, charities and the government could help to improve life for low paid women workers in Bangladesh.

Does anyone have any suggestions in answer to the above question?

(The question before this way suggest two improvements to working conditions which could be made, and explain how they would help the quality of lives of the women working in the clothing factories......I don't know whether this means I can't mention working conditions again? Or I can't mention the improvements to working conditions that I suggested (improved cleanliness and access to safe drinking water) again?)

The question also gave an extract about women clothing workers in Bangladesh stating; 'In May 2006 thousands of women protested against poor working conditions and illegal night work. Dozens of factories closed due to strikes, and there was violent confrontation with the police. As a result the government, factory owners and women workers signed an agreement to make improvements.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any ideas?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.