The Student Room Group

Ucas firming confusion

I have offers from both Leeds (AAA) and Birmingham (AAB) to do Psychology and I'm really not sure which one I want to go to. I have offers from 3 other uni's but these are all AAB+ and don't really take my interest. I have two main questions;
1) Can you put a lower grade requirement as your first choice and a higher grade requirement as your second choice? ( I know it is counter intuitive and doesn't really make sense)
2) If not, if I put Leeds first and Birmingham second and got AAA, but decided that between firming my uni's and results day i now preferred BIrmingham, could i turn down Leeds and go to Birmingham instead?
Original post by TheEiffelTower
I have offers from both Leeds (AAA) and Birmingham (AAB) to do Psychology and I'm really not sure which one I want to go to. I have offers from 3 other uni's but these are all AAB+ and don't really take my interest. I have two main questions;
1) Can you put a lower grade requirement as your first choice and a higher grade requirement as your second choice? ( I know it is counter intuitive and doesn't really make sense)
2) If not, if I put Leeds first and Birmingham second and got AAA, but decided that between firming my uni's and results day i now preferred BIrmingham, could i turn down Leeds and go to Birmingham instead?

1)yes you could do that but as you ve said its pretty counterintuitive.
2) you can do that if Birmingham agreed to the swap but it can take time to go through UCAS so don't leave it too close to results day.

Quick Reply

Latest