Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's wrong with me??? :/ am i depressed? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i've completely lost my appetite for about 1/2 months now. i've noticed it's gotten worse these past few weeks.
    i feel as though i have to force myself to eat.. and when i eat i feel nauseous :/
    i have noticed that i have lost weight.. i'm already skinny as it is (i weigh about 42kg). i'm definitely not anorexic, but i can feel my ribs sticking out more than they did before.
    i've been feeling slightly dizzy recently, probably because i'm not eating well.

my sleeping pattern used to be really bad, it has improved a little. i sleep at 2am the latest. but i find it extremely difficult getting out of bed in the morning. i lack energy and motivation.

i take iron tablets because i'm mildly anaemic.

i had a nosebleed for the first time this morning.. it wasn't bleeding a lot but i'm still kinda worried...

what is going on with me?
    i have looked up these symptoms.. and i think it may be depression. i hate uni a lot, i'm bored of life. i don't have any true friends. i feel as though i can't form proper relationships. i'm not successful.

i don't want to make an appointment with the doctors.. they probably won't be much help

does anyone have any advice please? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booyahkasha)
    i've completely lost my appetite for about 1/2 months now. i've noticed it's gotten worse these past few weeks.
    i feel as though i have to force myself to eat.. and when i eat i feel nauseous :/
    i have noticed that i have lost weight.. i'm already skinny as it is (i weigh about 42kg). i'm definitely not anorexic, but i can feel my ribs sticking out more than they did before.
    i've been feeling slightly dizzy recently, probably because i'm not eating well.

my sleeping pattern used to be really bad, it has improved a little. i sleep at 2am the latest. but i find it extremely difficult getting out of bed in the morning. i lack energy and motivation.

i take iron tablets because i'm mildly anaemic.

i had a nosebleed for the first time this morning.. it wasn't bleeding a lot but i'm still kinda worried...

what is going on with me?
    i have looked up these symptoms.. and i think it may be depression. i hate uni a lot, i'm bored of life. i don't have any true friends. i feel as though i can't form proper relationships. i'm not successful.

i don't want to make an appointment with the doctors.. they probably won't be much help

does anyone have any advice please? x
    It's very difficult to diagnose anything over the Internet but it definitely sounds like you're at the least extremely demotivated so I'd strongly recommend speaking to your gp about how you're feeling and perhaps speaking to a counsellor, also it might be worth speaking to your Uni tutor about your Uni worries, is it anything in particular? For now, I'd just recommend that you try to surround yourself with as much positivity as possible and let your family know how you're feeling as well, many students go through this issue and I its want to assure you that it temporary and will pass with time and the right support

ReputationRep:
    You need to start thinking positively about life because it will impact you. Thinking negatively is not good for you. Try to do things you enjoy. Things that make you laugh, happy etc. I would make an appointment with the doctors just in case. As for sleeping patterns. Try to sleep earlier at night. Take sleeping tablets to help you sleep. Try to find a new hobby. Swimming, golf, exercise, reading, anything. This will also take your mind of things. Try to be around those who are good friends. Stop thinking so much about things especially when around friends because this will show and it makes things awkward with friends etc. If you ever need someone to talk to message me. I am more than happy to be your friend ( not trying to be creepy. I am a girl btw). If you ever want to just rant or talk about anything I am happy to listen
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It does sound like you could be depressed but the only way to know for sure is to go to the doctors and be fully examined to rule out anything physical as a physical condition could also cause depression like symptoms. But for the moment since you don't want to go to the doctors, the only advice I can really give is continue eating as much as and well as you can. I know its hard when you really aren't in the mood and have to pretty much force yourself but as much as you arent enjoying eating at the mo, you're definitely going to feel better in the long run than if you don't eat.

Sleeping can be hard or even impossible when you're stressed or depressed but it's so important to get as much restful sleep as possible and if you still can't sleep well or feel like you've had enough sleep after waking, a doctors visit would be advised even if its just for that.

Also try exercising. Doesn't have to be anything drastic, even just a walk around the block can be enough to give you a boost. I know its maybe the last thing in the world you feel like doing though and finding the motivation to start is hard but once you get going, you'll most likely enjoy it.

Reading and listening to Dr Claire Weekes books and audio tapes helped me when I was badly depressed and would recommend them. They focus mainly on panic attacks but they have big sections on depression too.

If you're symptoms do continue or get worse then I would advise going to the doctor at the very least for a check up. I do understand your hesitation at going to the doctor, I felt the same but sometimes its just needed and you have to go eventually. I hope you feel better soon.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (URIAH))
    You need to start thinking positively about life because it will impact you. Thinking negatively is not good for you. Try to do things you enjoy. Things that make you laugh, happy etc. I would make an appointment with the doctors just in case. As for sleeping patterns. Try to sleep earlier at night. Take sleeping tablets to help you sleep. Try to find a new hobby. Swimming, golf, exercise, reading, anything. This will also take your mind of things. Try to be around those who are good friends. Stop thinking so much about things especially when around friends because this will show and it makes things awkward with friends etc. If you ever need someone to talk to message me. I am more than happy to be your friend ( not trying to be creepy. I am a girl btw). If you ever want to just rant or talk about anything I am happy to listen
    thanks for the advice! x

i'm just such a pessimistic person.. i can't help it. i have sooo many regrets.
    i don't have any true friends. i'm 22 and i still don't have a group of girlfriends. it really makes me depressed.
    i've been seeing a guy for almost a year but it's evident that he's using me. but i'm stupid because i've let him use me. it's just such a complicated situation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.