Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the dumbest, most outrageous, most absurd thing your lab partner has done? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I'm a bit more mortified to be honest with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why mortified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    Why mortified?
    Chloroform can have some very serious effects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My lab partner was sexting his gf while pouring hydrochloric acid with potassium. He over poured it and the whole beaker went into flames.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Chloroform can have some very serious effects

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes but the idea of someone getting knocked out by themselves is quite hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    Yes but the idea of someone getting knocked out by themselves is quite hilarious.
    Haha yes, I do see your point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    My lab partner was sexting his gf while pouring hydrochloric acid with potassium. He over poured it and the whole beaker went into flames.
    Wow...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Steal everyone else's stuff because they wanted to do the reaction again due to how cool it looked.

Oh wait... that was me :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school we used to take a Bunsen burner and heat up a tripod's legs until glowing red. Then wait for some unsuspecting fool to pick it up.

And when dissecting rats we used to intentionally puncture the bladder. Doesn't half cause a stink!

ReputationRep:
    I miss A level chemistry days
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Usual things.

Setting things on fire. Dropping chemicals on me.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it was probably to choose me as his partner consistently. I was the dangerous lab partner by a long shot, although we had a lot of fun.

We would mix random substances together, which had resulted in cracking test tubes from endothermic and exothermic reactions somehow.
    I've accidently lit a gas tap on fire before.
    I've smashed test tubes physically by being clumsy, who hasn't though?
    He's spilled acid down my back. (Thankfully diluted)
    We frequently took much larger quantities than suggested if it would give a cool reaction.

They probably weren't the best ideas looking back at it. Thankfully nobody was hurt and we had a laugh though, so that's always decent.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am the stupid lab partner. I have managed to:

Use to much magnesium in an experiment and cause temporary blindness for people for 5 minutes
    Knocked a Bunsen burner on a lab table with petroleum jelly on
    splashed lead iodide onto someone's results table and spilt it into their bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    bruh your chem teacher must hate you
    I think my lab partner hates me more. :bricks:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing that she doesn't speak to me anymore. AT ALL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalail)
    I am the stupid lab partner. I have managed to:

Use to much magnesium in an experiment and cause temporary blindness for people for 5 minutes
    Knocked a Bunsen burner on a lab table with petroleum jelly on
    splashed lead iodide onto someone's results table and spilt it into their bag
    My lost twin?! :hugs:
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    We was doing a titration, as this girl (who was my lab partner) decided she would be the camerawoman. She leaned over to get a good shot, and knocked over a measuring cylinder. It smashed.

The same girl, this time an experiment involving the fermentation of yeast. She dropped the most important piece of equipment. There was none left (since it smashed). We had to join up with another group (a group of three, so it made a group of five).

We was doing a controlled assessment, and the two other people on my table (both boys) started throwing beetroot at each other. I joined in. The teacher was watching, but still gave us 100% (!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    This was a teacher creating this bromide gas kind of had to evacuate the class room because it escaped the gas chamber.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    My lost twin?! :hugs:
    I found you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Not partnered work, but during the good ol' GCSE days I managed to break a burette whislt during a titration so that the burette was STILL in the pump.... whoops.

ReputationRep:
    farted holding a bunsen burner near his arse to make a fart flame

ReputationRep:
    Instructor: Make sure the burner is off before you clean the table with ethanol.
    Partner proceeds to spray ethanol into the burner and make a small fireball.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.