Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As at AS Level - Hoping For Chemistry at Oxford Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    I'm in my AS year and doing AS exams at the end of May and through to the end of June.
    I'm hoping to apply for chemistry at:
    Oxford
    Cardiff
    Queen's
    Edinburgh
    Birmingham

Some people think I'm not smart enough or good enough to get into Oxford. In my GCSEs I got 9As and 1A*. All through my school life I have had top grades. Recently I've lost motivation and I'm hoping this will bring it back.

For A Level I'm studying history (CCEA), maths (CCEA), chemistry (OCR) and physics (CCEA).
    My predicated grades are:
    History - A
    Maths - A
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A/B

If you have any advice or useful revision tools that will help me achieve my dream of Oxford please comment to help!
    Thanks!
    Gabby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbyMcM07)
    Hi there!
    I'm in my AS year and doing AS exams at the end of May and through to the end of June.
    Oxford
    Cardiff
    Queen's
    Edinburgh
    Birmingham

Some people think I'm not smart enough or good enough to get into Oxford. In my GCSEs I got 9As and 1A*. All through my school life I have had top grades. Recently I've lost motivation and I'm hoping this will bring it back.

For A Level I'm studying history (CCEA), maths (CCEA), chemistry (OCR) and physics (CCEA).
    My predicted grades are:
    History - A
    Maths - A
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A/B

If you have any advice or useful revision tools that will help me achieve my dream of Oxford please comment to help!
    Thanks!
    Gabby!
    It really depends on how you revise best. I find GoConqr is very useful for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbyMcM07)
    Hi there!
    Oxford
    Cardiff
    Queen's
    Edinburgh
    Birmingham

My predicated grades are:
    History - A
    Maths - A
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A/B

Thanks!
    Gabby!
    Unless you went to a school where there were pretty much no A*s you'd have a decent chance. However Oxford do place an emphasis on many A*s at GCSE. Have you considered Cambridge? They place less emphasis on them...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.