Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PwC Insight Week 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    You know that National Schools Employability Challenge by PwC I entered? I got into the final!!

I think there were thousands of entrants and only 40 got to the final.

However, I'm going on the Cambridge residential which when I applied for I didn't think I'd get - but because SOMEHOW I got both, they clash. What a joke. So I won't be going to the final

This sucks so much...
    Awww!! I mean tbh it's fine cause if you have Cambridge it'll look better on an application
    What is the Cambridge thing?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be bothered to finish the last part either but ahh congrats that's such a bummer!! I guess you could always say you got through to the final!

ReputationRep:
    This is a tad off topic but did anybody apply for the kpmg discovery programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nc_x)
    This is a tad off topic but did anybody apply for the kpmg discovery programme?
    I applied too. Does anyone know when applications close/roughly when we will hear ?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email back today saying I got accepted but that's for the London office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nc_x)
    I got an email back today saying I got accepted but that's for the London office
    congrats!

this makes me doubtful of whether I'm getting in since I was one of the first few people to be interviewed. thought I'd have a reply by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nc_x)
    Well done !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    anyone who interviewed on monday or tuesday last week heard back yet?
    I had mine on Tuesday last week, still haven't heard back yet and it's been 5 working days aha *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanchit117)
    Awww!! I mean tbh it's fine cause if you have Cambridge it'll look better on an application
    What is the Cambridge thing?
    It's a residential at Peterhouse for two days where we have lectures, a supervision, tours and we meet some undergraduates! I got the reading material for my supervision today and THERE'S SO MUCH. It's like 80 pages of really small text lmao...

(Original post by Nc_x)
    I couldn't be bothered to finish the last part either but ahh congrats that's such a bummer!! I guess you could always say you got through to the final!
    That's what I'm going to do I think

(Original post by Nc_x)
    Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    congrats!

this makes me doubtful of whether I'm getting in since I was one of the first few people to be interviewed. thought I'd have a reply by now
    (Original post by 4shadows)
    I had mine on Tuesday last week, still haven't heard back yet and it's been 5 working days aha *cries*
    Hopefully you both get it! My fingers are crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully you both get it! My fingers are crossed!!
    I hope so too, thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's a residential at Peterhouse for two days where we have lectures, a supervision, tours and we meet some undergraduates! I got the reading material for my supervision today and THERE'S SO MUCH. It's like 80 pages of really small text lmao...
    Ahhh have funnn! Is it for economics?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any feedback/ offers on the telephone interview for central London, I'm still waiting. Got a place at KPMG discovery in Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanchit117)
    Ahhh have funnn! Is it for economics?
    I was hoping it was, but instead if it's not the course we wanted it would be based closed to it and/or based off our A-level choices.

I've got a lecture either on linguistics or archaeology and then a supervision on politics and history.

The topic for our supervision is medieval European history, focusing on Italian City Republics! No idea what that's about but it seems like it should be interesting!

Hoping I get the sutton trust summer school place at St Andrews which is on economics though!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys ❤️❤️❤️ I hope you all get in! Fingers crossed would be lovely to meet everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _niki)
    Haha don't worry, I only got an email today saying I have a telephone interview, so you can literally receive a reply at any time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _niki)
    This is for the London office, but it's only this late because there was a mix up with my application, but all sorted now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh i see

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got replies for London office ?

ReputationRep:
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to anyone waiting on outcomes of their interview, and those having interviews this week!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.