Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would Kings accept me with AAB despite my offer being AAA? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer for Kings College to do History with AAA at A2. I am worried that my biology might drop down to a B leaving me with AAB. How likely would it be that Kings would still accept me despite me dropping a grade?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid that there is no answer to this besides, it is all down to luck. They may look at your results and decide that you are "worth" the compromise. Sorry for the non-answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I got an AAA offer from them for History... Was pretty sure I was never going to meet it....I got BBBB at AS.
    On results day I checked UCAS as soon as it opened and got my confirmed offer, mate I was so happy, and I love it here.
    I actually got my results and got ABBB - so came nowhere near meeting it really.
    I did an extra A2 and my A was in History which helped. Beyond that a good personal statement I imagine.
    Since the uncapping of student numbers at unis, there are more places, you just need to be better than the other people who don't meet their offers. Nothing is hard and fast, just try your damned best and hope you succeed, that's all you can do. It's not the end of the world if you don't get in, just relax and focus on the now.
    Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.