Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer? This is for UCL
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Zacken :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer?
    thank you
    Applied to all four choices on 12th October.

University College London: A*A*A or A*AA + 1 in any STEP or Distinction in AEA. received on the 1st Feb.

Does that help? Mind if I ask why you're asking?

Edit: ****, just realised you were asking about UCL only... I wasted my effort typing all the rest out, deleting it now. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    UCL is late replier for maths unless you applied for OXBRIDGE

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!

ReputationRep:
    what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer?
    thank you
    Applied at roughly October 10 - I put the (A*) in brackets as I already have an A* in standard A level maths before applying

University of Warwick (A*)AA - A in Further Maths and A in any other subject, offered almost instantly after applying
    University of Durham (A*)AA - A in Further Maths A in any other subject - offered a couple weeks after applying
    University of Bath (A*)AB - , A in Further Maths B in any other subject, offered a couple weeks after applying
    Imperial College London (A*)A*AA - With A* in Further Maths, offered at around late November
    University of Cambridge (A*)A*A*, with A* in Further Maths/Physics , S, 1 in any order in STEP 2 and STEP 3 offered at about mid january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    UCL is late replier for maths unless you applied for OXBRIDGE

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!
    lool i didnt apply there cus when i looked on the league table it was waaaay down, I didnt really do any research to the places i applied to i just got out a league table and applied to the highest ranked ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!
    Not for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockstar North)
    Not for maths.
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    lool i didnt apply there cus when i looked on the league table it was waaaay down, I didnt really do any research to the places i applied to i just got out a league table and applied to the highest ranked ones
    UCL is better than Bath for maths...?

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry to hear that ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    UCL is better than Bath for maths...?
    when i looked on the rankings bath was above ucl

edit: link here

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...?s=Mathematics

oh right yeah I didnt apply to the top maths ones cuz I missed Saint Andrews cuz when I looked on their page their standard offer was only 3 As with no STEP no nothing so I deduced that it was a weak uni

ReputationRep:
    when i looked on the rankings bath was above ucl
    Bit silly to look at only rankings, 'innit? Given that they're utter shite.

ReputationRep:
    how else do I tell which unis are better if Im too lazy to actually research them? ;p My logic is that I'm only going to 1 uni in the end, which will hopefully be Cambridge (but in worst case scenario Imperial College), so who cares what are the other ones i apply to.

ReputationRep:
    how else do I tell which unis are better if Im too lazy to actually research them? ;p My logic is that I'm only going to 1 uni in the end, which will hopefully be Cambridge (but in worst case scenario Imperial College), so who cares what are the other ones i apply to.
    Then don't apply, that's what I did, couldn't be bothered going for a fifth uni, so I just didn't apply.

ReputationRep:
    oh right yeah I didnt apply to the top maths ones cuz I missed Saint Andrews cuz when I looked on their page their standard offer was only 3 As with no STEP no nothing so I deduced that it was a weak uni
    That's contradictory. You say that, and yet look at how low your bath offer is compared to the UCL one.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't apply, that's what I did, couldn't be bothered going for a fifth uni, so I just didn't apply.
    Nah it feels satisfying getting an offer even if you know you aren't going there lol

I always have a laugh looking at the Guardian rankings

ReputationRep:
    Applied at roughly October 10 - I put the (A*) in brackets as I already have an A* in standard A level maths before applying

University of Warwick (A*)AA - A in Further Maths and A in any other subject, offered almost instantly after applying
    University of Durham (A*)AA - A in Further Maths A in any other subject - offered a couple weeks after applying
    University of Bath (A*)AB - , A in Further Maths B in any other subject, offered a couple weeks after applying
    Imperial College London (A*)A*AA - With A* in Further Maths, offered at around late November
    University of Cambridge (A*)A*A*, with A* in Further Maths/Physics , S, 1 in any order in STEP 2 and STEP 3 offered at about mid january
    dude this was for UCL...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I always have a laugh looking at the Guardian rankings
    I swear there was this one time they put a uni who didn't even have a maths course in the top 10 for maths or something. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    dude this was for UCL...
    Oh

I just saw it on the "latest discussions" thread list on the side and didnt realise sorry\

especially after reading Zacken 's post

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.