Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I always manage to cut myself while shaving, especially on the lip, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingdoom)
    Don't shave
    I'm seriously thinking of that

ReputationRep:
    Shaving cream, warm up your face. Smooth strokes with a razor. You can also stretch out the skin on curves so you don't scrape against any bone and cut yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    Shaving cream, warm up your face. Smooth strokes with a razor. You can also stretch out the skin on curves so you don't scrape against any bone and cut yourself.
    what razor do you use fella?

ReputationRep:
    just don't rush it and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    disposable razors or splash out on an expensive one?

ReputationRep:
    I just use my beard trimmer without the measuring things.

Shaving just flares my skin up and the day after stubble is uncomfortable as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    I just use my beard trimmer without the measuring things.

Shaving just flares my skin up and the day after stubble is uncomfortable as hell.
    have you got a link to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    have you got a link to it?
    It's just a beard trimmer without the clip ons.

ReputationRep:
    Pour very hot water over the razor for 10 seconds before using it.
    Splash warm water over your face and squirt shaving gel into your hand
    Apply to face and neck in small circular motions ensuring stubble is suitably rubbed
    Shave with short stokes and with the grain. Rinse the blade often
    Using the muscles of your face alone, pull your lips over your teeth when shaving those areas
    Using your fingers, pull the skin of your neck to one side and then the other in order to shave the skin that usually covers your Adams apple
    When you're finished, wash your face with water as cold as the tap will give you
    Apply moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    Use blade or razor slowly and smoothly. Don't do it in hurry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    what razor do you use fella?
    Gillette pro glide but often just some regular disposable ones with 4/5 blades.

ReputationRep:
    baby oil, recently started using it instead of any soaps or shaving creams. Far less drag on the skin, far less irritation and far smoother.

ReputationRep:
    also, shave in the direction of the hair, ( down mostly) not against the grain.

I always wash with hot water and soap. then apply foam/gel and lather, then slowly shave. even slowly, it takes maybe three mins.
    Rushing and cutting takes longer with emergency first aid.

you can buy a styptic stick, that closes cuts, but it does sting

ReputationRep:
    Use/buy an electric shaver? <£25 will get you a very decent one. You'd have to be very special to cut yourself with one of those, almost impossible to cut yourself.

ReputationRep:
    As Mayhem™ said - don't rush it and you should be fine... I don't think I've ever cut myself whilst shaving.

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.