Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year of psychology and am wanting to go on and do a masters in health psychology but i need relevant experience.
    I cant get a job a health care assistant as i don't have the correct qualifications, i also cant volunteer as one due to there being no places available
    I cant work as a nurse as i also don't have any qualifications for that and there are no volunteering opportunities ether and if there is they are really competitive and i haven't got in.
    Can anyone help me? I need options for experience.

ReputationRep:
    do-it.org.uk is a website with LOADS of volunteering opportunities - have a look on there.

I'm sure you're not limited to care work, think about NSPCC, or mental health organisations, counselling, drug addiction jobs. sexual health clinics, rape support centers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    do-it.org.uk is a website with LOADS of volunteering opportunities - have a look on there.

I'm sure you're not limited to care work, think about NSPCC, or mental health organisations, counselling, drug addiction jobs. sexual health clinics, rape support centers....
    Thanks il have a look

ReputationRep:
    Look at agency support worker positions in relevant organisations. Much easier to get recruited for and will provide a wide breadth of experience once you prove yourself to be a reliable and keen worker. The agency placement supervisor will be able to provide you with a reference that overarches all of the placements you are sent on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marmite26)
    I'm in my second year of psychology and am wanting to go on and do a masters in health psychology but i need relevant experience.
    I cant get a job a health care assistant as i don't have the correct qualifications, i also cant volunteer as one due to there being no places available
    I cant work as a nurse as i also don't have any qualifications for that and there are no volunteering opportunities ether and if there is they are really competitive and i haven't got in.
    Can anyone help me? I need options for experience.
    Which qualifications do you need for a HCA? Support workers and nursing assistants sometimes have to do NVQ's, but they are usually on the job. Either way, look at support workers and nursing assistants - the work may be a little off from 'health psychology' work, but it's still working with vulnerable people. As said above, agency/bank work with the NHS is a very flexible and lucrative option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.