Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently retaking s1 maths for edexcel and I just want to know exactly how I can end up with an A in it. Its down to past papers I guess.. but are there any additional tips that any of you can give. Many thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Do all of the difficult questions in the book - great practice. Do Solomon papers if you wish.

Probability and normal distribution are probably the two most difficult areas but practice it all

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N123456789)
    I'm currently retaking s1 maths for edexcel and I just want to know exactly how I can end up with an A in it. Its down to past papers I guess.. but are there any additional tips that any of you can give. Many thanks
    read the question carefully LIKE HIGHLIGHT AND STUFF! It seriously helps, im finding S1 harder than FP1 and the other modules put together and its not even hard when u think about it but the questions catch me out a heck of a lot... I wouldve got an A overall in the mocks but i got a B because of my S1 being a D...... kms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N123456789)
    From my experience stat papers seem to like a few wordy application questions, so I'd say make sure you understand each topic (rather than just doing past papers without understanding exactly what each step in the mark scheme mean) so wordy questions won't throw you off

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate the advice

ReputationRep:
    Learn formula.

Bang numbers in formula.

???

Profit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.