Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Aerospace engineering or Astrophysics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for an Aerospace engineering course for university. I initially wanted to do Astrophysics because I genuinely enjoy it. However, upon research I found out there's not much scope for Astrophysics after education. I wanted to find something more stable so I came up with Aerospace engineering.
    Recently I've been getting second thoughts, and I'm starting to get the feeling that stability may not be much of a problem as long as I excel in Astrophysics, and the more I think about it, the more I crave to study it.

Not sure what to pick, any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yash.b97)
    I've applied for an Aerospace engineering course for university. I initially wanted to do Astrophysics because I genuinely enjoy it. However, upon research I found out there's not much scope for Astrophysics after education. I wanted to find something more stable so I came up with Aerospace engineering.
    Recently I've been getting second thoughts, and I'm starting to get the feeling that stability may not be much of a problem as long as I excel in Astrophysics, and the more I think about it, the more I crave to study it.

Not sure what to pick, any suggestions?
    Hmm, depending on the content of the aerospace master, it won't be necessarily give you more skills to get a job, though you have engineering on it, which can be an advantage. I would rather think, what you want to do in your job afterwards and then search a Master giving you those skills, and then choose a Master according to that. Otherwise just take a Master, you will really enjoy, because generally excelling at something helps you and depending on what you will do, you would still get additional skills, e.g. programming, analysing data, etc.

Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds a bit to me, that you choose aerospace engineering, because it has still to do something with space, although a lot of aerospace engineers do something very different and then you might not become happy.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.