The Student Room Group

Which A levels for these courses?

Hi, new to the TSR, I've got to decide which A levels I would like to take by tomorrow. I'm looking at History to Law at Oxbridge, or possibly Surveying at uni. Currently I know I will take History and English Lit, and two of the following: Physics, maths, chemistry or biology. I'm not sure what to take, please help!
biology - it takes good memory and you should have that considering History and English Lit
maths - very useful A-level to have and it will expand your choices
Original post by ghgh769
Hi, new to the TSR, I've got to decide which A levels I would like to take by tomorrow. I'm looking at History to Law at Oxbridge, or possibly Surveying at uni. Currently I know I will take History and English Lit, and two of the following: Physics, maths, chemistry or biology. I'm not sure what to take, please help!

Any other options?

I would suggest biology, what about your fourth?
As said above, maths is useful and certainly not frowned upon.
Reply 3
Original post by XMaramena
Any other options?

Well classics is an option but I've heard it's considered too "soft"
Reply 4
Original post by XMaramena
Any other options?

Thanks for the help, my teacher says I should take maths but I just don't really enjoy it- that's where the doubt in my mind rises.
Original post by ghgh769
Thanks for the help, my teacher says I should take maths but I just don't really enjoy it- that's where the doubt in my mind rises.

Don't take an a level you don't really enjoy/have doubt on. You gotta get those grades and the motivation. My bro took maths a level cos his teacher said he should, he hated it at GCSE, took it at A level, got a U I think.
Reply 6
Original post by geniequeen48
Don't take an a level you don't really enjoy/have doubt on. You gotta get those grades and the motivation. My bro took maths a level cos his teacher said he should, he hated it at GCSE, took it at A level, got a U I think.

This is what Im worried about, because I'm doing Further and the normal maths gcse and I'm expected to get top grades, but I'm thinking that if I don't enjoy it I wont do well at a level.
For surveying you migth need Math and Physics. In case you dislike Math, you should really look into the Math syllabus at A Level and look at the course contents and course requirements.I think for surveying you will need Math, or?

Physics gives you a good foundation to understand technology.

Quick Reply

Latest