Views: 103
Size:  76.5 KB

100% sure it's broken.

Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-12-01-05-23.png
Views: 100
Size:  97.9 KB

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be surprised if you fail. I wasn't aware that False didn't mean False and that the Spanish Armada had to do with small claims procedures.

Argh. IFoundWonderland beat me to it.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Some of these are actually really dumb, e.g 'Nato aims to preserve peace between all of is members' - Not really it was setup to counter Russian aggression not to provide military unity

Dumb government doesn't even know its own policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjohnson98)
    Don't be surprised if you fail. I wasn't aware that False didn't mean False and that the Spanish Armada had to do with small claims procedures.

Argh. IFoundWonderland beat me to it.

If it wasn't for that true/false one I would've got 100% :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I got the exact same score on Tests 1 and 3
    16/24 in both, without using google etc.

http://prntscr.com/a24iav

ReputationRep:
    OK so basically 95% of Brits would fail these tests, 19 questions is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    17 & 18, 22 on the Independent one.

One of the questions (not just the site) is wrong though - it asks who you'd contact if you're facing domestic violence. Two of the options are the NSPCC and the Citizens Advice Bureau.

I ended up going for NSPCC, correct answer was apparently CAB, so you can get legal help. -.-

Sure, they could help, but I'd probably opt for the group that specializes in abuse first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I took the correct test, however the test that I took was more of a general knowledge history quiz. I really don't understand it's purpose or relationship to how we live in the UK.

Edit: I also completely fail to see how this test would filter out citizens who would and wouldn't have a positive impact on society, and those who wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it just tried to tell me general elections are held every 3 years ok mate

ReputationRep:

Essential to know for living in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chooseday)
    I'm not sure if I took the correct test, however the test that I took was more of a general knowledge history quiz. I really don't understand it's purpose or relationship to how we live in the UK.

Edit: I also completely fail to see how this test would filter out citizens who would and wouldn't have a positive impact on society, and those who wouldn't.
    I'd like to see more moral questions like

'Is it ok to hit your wife if its in private'?
    'Do animals have rights?'
    'Should gays be thrown off buildings'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I'd like to see more moral questions like

'Is it ok to hit your wife if its in private'?
    'Do animals have rights?'
    'Should gays be thrown off buildings'?
    Haha, that's a bit extreme but I'm with you completely. I would rather have a nice person with morals, even if he isn't the brightest, than a maniac with some historical knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    It's a really stunning sign of failure in our education system that half of 18-24 year olds cannot pass this test. :sad:
    It really isn't. It's mostly useless tosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chooseday)
    Haha, that's a bit extreme but I'm with you completely. I would rather have a nice person with morals, even if he isn't the brightest, than a maniac with some historical knowledge.
    Yeah I don't get it, Polish couple who live on my street work regular jobs, not exactly Einstein but who cares?? I don't get the point of these dumb tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Yeah, useless tosh like the very basics of their country's history and the functioning of its political and legal systems.

:no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Did someone fail all of the completely useless questions on when the Romans left Britain? Shame on you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, useless tosh like the very basics of their country's history and the functioning of its political and legal systems.

Well apparently even gov don't know cus I got marked wrong for saying general elections were every 5 years and the uk constitution was unwritten??? WOT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Well apparently even gov don't know cus I got marked wrong for saying general elections were every 5 years and the uk constitution was unwritten??? WOT
    ... If this is a joke I don't get it.

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah, because most people vote for the benefit of the country and not for selfish reasons right?

Why the hell do people need to know these things? It is totally irrelevant to their lives and will not make them happier - it won't improve society. I'm glad you aren't taught it.

Now, one thing that shocks me is how little international history concerning wars is taught in school. My younger brother who is 16 did not even know that nuclear bombs had been used before... wtf... The teaching of WW2 is so bias as well... I suppose you cannot really trust teachers to teach contemporary wars though... You know, things like the Afghan war and the cold war events, the gulf wars? That might be useful in fostering empathy for others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It's a fairly easy test, but horrifically named. The reason why people fail it despite having lived in UK their whole lives is because a lot of what it tests is basically a summary of British history, which doesn't really have much relevance to the everyday life of anybody in the UK who doesn't take an interest in history (i.e. most of the population).

Some sample questions here: http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...nt--gJ0v-H6BQx.
    I got 22/24 a couple of them I didn't know but I just took an educated guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.