The Student Room Group

Has anyone tried the life in the uk test?

Scroll to see replies

I just took a sample test and I passed... and I've never even lived in the UK :curious:
Piece of piss 24/24

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Is this actually the real test?

...erm. I'm pretty sure no one did.
17/24, I thought I did pretty well but still managed to fail.

I find it weird that it's called a 'Life in the UK' test when it's more about history, the only people who could name which of Henry VIII's wives were beheaded are students, historians or those people who just know everything.
Reply 64
Original post by Craig1998

I find it weird that it's called a 'Life in the UK' test when it's more about history, the only people who could name which of Henry VIII's wives were beheaded are students, historians or those people who just know everything.

Tbf, a fair proportion of the questions are repeats. After a bit of doing them, I've gone from ~18 (sometimes 14) to consistent 22-24. I think it's just testing whether you can handle learning simple information while drilling some propaganda and laws in.
Reply 65
Got 15 (essay above average) and failed. Turns out British people are dumb af lmao
Reply 67
The Independent sample test is no reflection on the historical facts laden actual test. I really have a low threshold of interest for British history but if it is something that you have studied you'd be okay on it.
Reply 68
Brainy gits!! 24/24 :angry::tongue: I only got 14/24 right ahaha Anyways!!! I will email citizenpaper.co.uk if anymore errors are found. Lets see more screenshots guys. Cheers, Grace
Reply 69
Original post by Grace019
Brainy gits!! 24/24 :angry::tongue: I only got 14/24 right ahaha Anyways!!! I will email citizenpaper.co.uk if anymore errors are found. Lets see more screenshots guys. Cheers, Grace

Pull the other one.

You don't need to do any emailing, you joined yesterday and posted this thread within 10 minutes of your first post.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Got 15 (essay above average) and failed. Turns out British people are dumb af lmao

There isn't an essay. It's all multiple-choice...
Original post by Hydeman
There isn't an essay. It's all multiple-choice...

Was a typo. Meant to say 'way above average'. No idea why it was correct to 'essay'...Thanks for pointing it out lol
Original post by Hydeman
It's a fairly easy test, but horrifically named. The reason why people fail it despite having lived in UK their whole lives is because a lot of what it tests is basically a summary of British history, which doesn't really have much relevance to the everyday life of anybody in the UK who doesn't take an interest in history (i.e. most of the population).Some sample questions here: http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/can-you-pass-a-uk-citizenship-test-most-young-people-cant--gJ0v-H6BQx.
I agree, it's not exactly hard. :s-smilie: I've done a few of these tests (inc. the Independent one) and passed them all....

I got 23/24 on the Independent one; I totally guessed a couple :innocent:
Reply 73
Original post by JoeTSR
Tbf, a fair proportion of the questions are repeats. After a bit of doing them, I've gone from ~18 (sometimes 14) to consistent 22-24. I think it's just testing whether you can handle learning simple information while drilling some propaganda and laws in.

ahaha I agree
Reply 74
Original post by Craig1998

ahahah :biggrin: "the only people who could name which of Henry VIII wives were beheaded are student, historian or those people who just know everything"

These are actually the questions that come up on the official UK Test "Henry wives". Like why is this even important lol
I have enjoyed studying these http://citizenpaper.co.uk/life-uk-test/
Im a UK citizen from birth. Failed.
Hi,

I am looking into stay in the UK after I have finished uni and I think doing the various tests on citizenpaper.com might help me. I did a practice run and got 22 out of 24 (not showing off :wink:. Not like the real thing but it's defintley worth a go.

What have you got lot to lose, right?
Original post by Sophie016
Hi,

I am looking into stay in the UK after I have finished uni and I think doing the various tests on citizenpaper.com might help me. I did a practice run and got 22 out of 24 (not showing off :wink:. Not like the real thing but it's defintley worth a go.

What have you got lot to lose, right?

It's only worth doing this test officially if you're eligible for and plan to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the near future. It costs money to do the real thing, so you do have that to lose. :wink:
Oh good point there. How much would it cost to do the real thing then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending