Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently studying maths, further maths, business, and Ict. However I study further maths online as there is no one else in my school who does it which means I am sometimes doing the further topics before I'm covering the basics in core; despite this I am still get consistent marks and am hoping for an A at AS for Fm (at least a b).

This year I am doing the moduals (edexcel) C1 c2 d1 and fp1 s1 s2. Next year I am doing c3 c4 m1 and then I can choose my Fm moduals. I'm interested in fp2 fp3 m2 and s3 (but I will be learning m2 before I started m1 so I would have to learn it over summer). Any suggestion / advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addermin)
    Im currently studying maths, further maths, business, and Ict. However I study further maths online as there is no one else in my school who does it which means I am sometimes doing the further topics before I'm covering the basics in core; despite this I am still get consistent marks and am hoping for an A at AS for Fm (at least a b).

This year I am doing the moduals (edexcel) C1 c2 d1 and fp1 s1 s2. Next year I am doing c3 c4 m1 and then I can choose my Fm moduals. I'm interested in fp2 fp3 m2 and s3 (but I will be learning m2 before I started m1 so I would have to learn it over summer). Any suggestion / advice?
    Do C3 and C4 over summer

I done M2 (last year) before M1 (doing it this year) and done fine, and mechanics is probably my weakest area

ReputationRep:
    If you want questions to test your knowledge go on
    www.madasmaths.co.uk
    Very good resources for mechanics, further maths and just regular maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    Do C3 and C4 over summer

I done M2 (last year) before M1 (doing it this year) and done fine, and mechanics is probably my weakest area
    What exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Learn it all over the summer if you can. No distractions from other subjects do you can just get your head down and do loads of maths and fly through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    What exam board?
    edexcel, same as OP

I am doing further maths right now at AS, and the modules Im doing are FP1, M1 and M2. I would definitely remark that M2 is harder. Not just that but, it would definitely not be conventional to do M2 before M1 because M2 basically stems from M1, its a harder version of M1.

There are some topics in M2 like Centres of Mass that dont really need M1 but definitely M2 Kinematics and M2 Statics of Rigid Bodies will need M1 fundamental knowledge, at least that is what I would say.

But I think it might not be so bad for you to go and learn M1 Kinematics, Statics and moments on your own, that is definitely what I would do.

Or see if you like D1? Then you could do D2 as an applied Further Maths module, but I dont know if your school offers it.

Anyway, good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    If you want questions to test your knowledge go on
    www.madasmaths.co.uk
    Very good resources for mechanics, further maths and just regular maths.
    thank you !!
    (Original post by Addermin)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.