The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sir I. Newton
I'm going zante next week and would like to know some good and recent club tunes so I can take them with me for the day time. I've got pretty green eyes and act a fool, is there any more other good songs?

well i bet there is but i don't really know what type of songs u listen to...

CR
Reply 2
maybe: uh oh by lumidee
punkie by sean paul
love @ first sight mary j blige

but i dont know if you like this type of music?
Reply 3
u probably wouldn't like

get low
shake your tailfeather

those are the only two songs i listen to of late so

CR
Reply 4
Well anything fast with a good beat, or dance/rap music will do.
how fast do you want - house 135 bpm, trance 140 bpm, techno 150 bpm, jungle 170 bpm, or happy hardcore 200+ bpm. Hiphop is way down at 100ish bpm. These music styles differ greatly - if you want hip hop i can tell you a bunch you may like and some dnb and breakbeat i know, but you probably want something fairly light sorta poppy house dance maybe. I mean i couldnt spend a hot day listening to dark heavy jungle it would make me head hurt. Say some bands you like and ill see if i can recomend anything you might like..
Reply 6
It'sPhil...
how fast do you want - house 135 bpm, trance 140 bpm, techno 150 bpm, jungle 170 bpm, or happy hardcore 200+ bpm. Hiphop is way down at 100ish bpm. These music styles differ greatly - if you want hip hop i can tell you a bunch you may like and some dnb and breakbeat i know, but you probably want something fairly light sorta poppy house dance maybe. I mean i couldnt spend a hot day listening to dark heavy jungle it would make me head hurt. Say some bands you like and ill see if i can recomend anything you might like..

Ludacris. eminem, dr dre, 50 cent. Yeah i like hip hop. anything would be great. thanx
Reply 7
I only like real music.
Lord Huntroyde
I only like real music.

yes excelent point all this music is merely a figment of your imagination
Reply 9
It'sPhil...
yes excelent point all this music is merely a figment of your imagination

As in music with moving vocals and real instruments, as opposed to sythasisers.
Lord Huntroyde

yes once again synthesisers are not real they are imaginary, and not a single rap lyric is moving to anyone. excellent points
Lord Huntroyde

I'm not too bothered whether theres vocals or not, any ideas?
Reply 12
It'sPhil...
yes once again synthesisers are not real they are imaginary, and not a single rap lyric is moving to anyone. excellent points

You are obviously not familiar with metaphoric language. You should probably try to find out more about this.

Rap lyrics are fscile and not deep.
Lord Huntroyde
You are obviously not familiar with metaphoric language. You should probably try to find out more about this.

Rap lyrics are fscile and not deep.

you are obviously not familiar with sarcastic language. You should probably try to find out more about this.

How are some instruments more or less "real" than others. Please, do tell.

The comment about rap lyrics is a generalisation and obviously plain wrong.
Reply 14
It'sPhil...
you are obviously not familiar with sarcastic language. You should probably try to find out more about this.

How are some instruments more or less "real" than others. Please, do tell.

The comment about rap lyrics is a generalisation and obviously plain wrong.

Some instruments require skill and compliment the vocals.

Others do not.
Lord Huntroyde

Others do not.

Examples? Please elaborate
Reply 16
Originally Posted by Lord Huntroyde

Others do not.

Originally Posted by Lord Huntroyde

As in music with moving vocals and real instruments, as opposed to sythasisers[sic].

That's silly.

Hey 'It'sPhil...', do you think you could recommend some songs? Err.... I've been listening to Roni Size Reprazent including the various solo projects from Krust etc, Dillinja, The Chemical Brothers (early) - I think you get the idea. Thank you.
Reply 17
I can see people on this thread will gang up on me whatever I say, so I shall retire quitly from the thread forever :frown:
Reply 18
i think i made my views on rappy hippy hoppy shit on the thread we had a while back. However, like what you like, not what you think you have to like.

Ad

Latest

Trending

Trending