Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It has been several years since I spoke to or saw someone I was and am obsessed with. In that time nothing has improved for me in terms of functioning. I cannot eat properly and frequently fail to wash myself and generally live like a human being. I was devastated by things they did and said to and about me and cut them out. It is possible that my paranoia problems misinterpreted some of these things. I also have a history of confabulating memories without meaning to and them affecting me deeply. I thought I saw them in a public place a while ago and I almost collapsed under the instant exhaustion my system had dealt to it by my nervous response. I feel as if I am in a perpetual state of nervous breakdown and that perhaps I should be spending some time in a mental institution. No one has ever really looked out for me here or picked up on signs.

Part of me wants to talk to them, and feels thatbut the other parts of me are utterly terrified of them and their power over me. We parted in bad ways. They could send me to my grave with a single contempfully expressed word. I am also worried that I will end up worse because I won't be satisfied by their responses in trying to work out what happened, why they did these things, whether they did at all.. When I occasionally relapse into checking their social media to hope I don't see things I don't want to and can therefore be briefly at rest again I shake extremely violently and can feel and hear my ribcage vibrating with the force of my heart beating. I am addicted to this person and as a smoker I can tell you that it is infinitely more devastating and harder to get rid of. I am in need of serious help or I fear I will become a danger to myself but it is difficult for me to find this firstly because of my unstable, frequently changing living arrangements and the shortage of resources in national health systems. I really want this to go away now and would appreciate any and all advice. I don't have anyone to talk to about this.

ReputationRep:
    God bless you.

I hope your chains get broken.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.