The Student Room Group

Do tanning beds work?

Hey, I'm a guy and I'm really self-conscious about how pale my skin is. A lot of my mates get spray tans / homemade fake tan for nights out etc and whenever we have group photos I look like such an odd ball compared to everyone else because I'm so pale and everyone else has nice looking tans.
I've tried spray tanning but I am allergic and consequently get a really bad rash.
I'm contemplating on using a sun bed once a week but I'm apprehensive as to whether they actually work or not? Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm a guy and I'm really self-conscious about how pale my skin is. A lot of my mates get spray tans / homemade fake tan for nights out etc and whenever we have group photos I look like such an odd ball compared to everyone else because I'm so pale and everyone else has nice looking tans.
I've tried spray tanning but I am allergic and consequently get a really bad rash.
I'm contemplating on using a sun bed once a week but I'm apprehensive as to whether they actually work or not? Any advice?

I am sure I heard that they are as bad as sitting in the sun, particularly if you are pale skinned, for skin cancer.

By the way you will tan alright ...
If your aim is to look orange and get skin cancer, then yes, they work.
when white guys get spray tans do they spray tan their dick as well? or is it still white......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending