Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

People looking to make Friends before starting University Of Derby

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Every hall has so many people you're guaranteed to have the guy who stands way too close, the girl who gets drunk and loudly yells at her boyfriend at two in the morning, the guy who doesn't bathe and the person who never speaks to anybody, wears all leather and who you never see during the day.

And if you don't see any weirdos in the hall, then it means you're the weirdo.

I plan on making friends with all the weirdos. Maybe do a Karaoke night.

Not sure about the Karaoke mate not my scene. I'll props do it after a few beers. what you singing though?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

And if you don't see any weirdos in the hall, then it means you're the weirdo.

I plan on making friends with all the weirdos. Maybe do a Karaoke night.

I'm down for that! Maybe guitar hero too
Original post by MattF20
Not sure about the Karaoke mate not my scene. I'll props do it after a few beers. what you singing though?

Original post by AnnaMariaa
I'm down for that! Maybe guitar hero too

Nobody is cool when they're karaokeing, so it doesn't matter what I sing: Barry White or Jason Mraz or Jonathon Coulton, maybe.

Maybe the greatest love song of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6mAeipSTvs
Nobody is cool when they're karaokeing, so it doesn't matter what I sing: Barry White or Jason Mraz or Jonathon Coulton, maybe.

Original post by MattF20

Definitely going to need a few drinks 😂

The more you guys drink, the better I sound.

That's the best part about university. Literally nobody knows who you are and you can be anyone you want to be.

You can make all kinds of mistakes.

My mistake is going to be singing, "Baby Got Back" in front of total strangers during freshers week and then getting on the mechanical bull Derby breaks out for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45

Not sure they'll have that song on in the UK pubs tbh mate maybe abit of barry white and jason mraz will be tho
Reply 46

'Few drinks' more like a bottle of vodka and 5/6 pintsof beer so i cant walk then maybe I'll do it
As a semi-retired electrical engineer, who ended up with both a Bachelor's and Master's degree, i would advise making the acquaintance of people doing the same course that you are. I started forming "study groups" whilst an undergraduate, and i found it a tremendous help. I usually tried to get 3 to 5 other students to get together and share solutions to homework problems and clarify obscure parts of my class notes. We also would confer on what we thought likely exam questions were going to be - so that we could study appropriate material. When i started my Bachelor's program, i was a lousy student - i had NO idea how to do it. Consequently, my grades were pretty bad & i needed all the help i could get. Later on, after working for a few years, i figured out (to a degree) how the student business worked. It was not until 2/3 of the way through graduate school, however, that i thought i really had a handle on how to do it. Best of luck! Cheers.
Thanks! The only issue is the course I'm on is new and I don't know if many people will know about it to be on the same course as me but there are lectures I'll be having with people from other courses like psychology so guess I'll be meeting a range of people really!

My mistake is going to be singing, "Baby Got Back" in front of total strangers during freshers week and then getting on the mechanical bull Derby breaks out for it.

I didn't even know they had a mechanical bull! What!! I didn't even know they existed in England 😂
I didn't even know they had a mechanical bull! What!! I didn't even know they existed in England 😂

They did last year. No pressure or anything, but if you don't go on, I will judge you. See this face? This is my judgey face.:colonhash:
Oh I definitely have to go on now but I won't last very long; Ill have a record time of one second haha
Reply 52
Can we move on from what we will be and wont be riding when we are drunk it might take a dark turn (yes im that immature)
Has anyone seen any of the Facebook groups for freshers yet? I've seen some that say this year but people in their 2nd year are still members
Reply 54
Has anyone seen any of the Facebook groups for freshers yet? I've seen some that say this year but people in their 2nd year are still members

Personally I havnt found anything on facbook thats heloed me thats why i came on here
Reply 55
So guys whats everyone intrested in the most?
Oh I definitely have to go on now but I won't last very long; Ill have a record time of one second haha

Original post by MattF20
Can we move on from what we will be and wont be riding when we are drunk it might take a dark turn (yes im that immature)

It will be one second of glory and non-judgedness. I'll go from this: :colonhash: to this:
:bunny:

I just looked at photos and stuff from 2014-2015 freshers to get an idea. There's also a youtube video on Freshers Week, so things like Freshers Zoo and F*ck Me It's Freshers are on. They're not sponsored by the University, but one's a fancy dress concert and the other is all glowsticks, music and craziness. The University has a lot of clubs introducing, music and sports.

That's just what I picked up on from the ads. Dunno if that's your scene, but those are the big ones. If it isn't, come up with ideas - People with your interests(Anyone's) are gonna be around. Cards Against Humanity? Done. Magner's and Movies? Also done. Just figure out what you like and something will be happening or can be set up.
Don't forget the foam party
Don't forget the foam party

Squirty cream and this makes our own foam party!

Hey guys, who is going to be at the Buxton Campus

Quick Reply

Latest