Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mega A Level Maths Thread - Mark V Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You've seen this before... If you're a newcomer! This is the 5th A-level Maths thread!

This is for discussion for all boards from C1-4 M1-5 S1-3 and FP1-3

As these are the modules available to all!

But of course you can also.discuss:
    D1-2 FP4 M4-5 S4

Post questions, help, tips and messages
    Good luck!

Useful Websites:

www.examsolutions.co.uk
    https://www.khanacademy.org/
    www.m4ths.com (maths247 YouTube official page)
    http://www.madasmaths.com/

Edexcel Maths A-level dependency table
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...hmentid=237097
    Notes:
    - The arrows show dependency one way. The arrow pointing from C1 to C2 shows that C2 is dependent on C1.
    - If A is dependent on B, and B is dependent on C, then A is dependent on C. For example, C3 requires C2 and C2 requires C1 so C3 requires C1.
    - If a module has no arrows before it (C1, S1, D1) then it is not dependent on any previous A level knowledge.

I'm copying L'Evil Fish's OP from the original days of this thread.
    If there are helpers who want to be identified, then I'll tag you in this OP.

I'm aware there are module specific thread but I found the original versions of this thread to be particularly useful back in the day so thought I'd recreate

ReputationRep:
    what about this?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3470381
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This one includes year 12s and anyone really who studies the A level .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Remind me, what modules are you doing again Student403?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I could be a helper. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Remind me, what modules are you doing again Student403?
    Cool thread! Remember to add madasmaths to the links.

I've done: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

I am doing: C4, D1, M2, M3, S2, FP2, FP3, M4 and M5 (but don't plan to take any past exams or the real exam in M4/M5)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Cool thread! Remember to add madasmaths to the links.

I've done: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

I am doing: C4, M2, M3, S2, FP2, FP3, M4 and M5 (but don't plan to take any past exams or the real exam in M4/M5)
    pardon?

Nice. I've done C1-C4(100,94,82,82), M1(68 :erm:), S1(78) and Fp1(94) and I'm working on Fp2-3, M2, S2 and D1

ReputationRep:
    pardon?

Nice. I've done C1-C4, M1, S1 and Fp1 and I'm working on Fp2-3, M2, S2 and D1
    I meant I won't be taking the real exams and so won't be completing any past papers.

Good set :yep: Oops I forgot D1 let me add that
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I meant I won't be taking the real exams and so won't be completing any past papers.

Good set :yep: Oops I forgot D1 let me add that
    So what do you mean you're doing? Do you mean to say you're learning the material in some sense - perhaps for STEP? How much content have you covered so far and do you have any weak points?

ReputationRep:
    So what do you mean you're doing? Do you mean to say you're learning the material in some sense - perhaps for STEP? How much content have you covered so far and do you have any weak points?
    I'm just learning M4/M5 for fun, yeah. Not even STEP - just to help me I guess at uni

I've covered a little bit of M4 but I've been on a hiatus from the self teaching. I think I'd need to go through to pinpoint my weaknesses because I'm doing a fair few modules this year :laugh: It's great that you've covered yours in your blog though!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm just learning M4/M5 for fun, yeah. Not even STEP - just to help me I guess at uni

I've covered a little bit of M4 but I've been on a hiatus from the self teaching. I think I'd need to go through to pinpoint my weaknesses because I'm doing a fair few modules this year :laugh: It's great that you've covered yours in your blog though!
    I'm sure I'll be in here in a week or two with my moments difficulties!

What's your favourite module?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I'll be in here in a week or two with my moments difficulties!

What's your favourite module?
    No worries we'd be happy to help :yep:

I'd say my favourite this year has been teaching M3 because it was the first hard module I self taught and I felt a great sense of achievement completing my first past papers and realising that I can actually learn tough things on my own.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    No worries we'd be happy to help :yep:

I'd say my favourite this year has been teaching M3 because it was the first hard module I self taught and I felt a great sense of achievement completing my first past papers and realising that I can actually learn tough things on my own.

How about you?
    M3 is bae innit m8

ReputationRep:
    so i'm getting B's in my maths gcse currently and might be able to scrape an A

should I take a level maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)

Sure but maybe not further maths. A few friends who got Bs are working at A standards at A2

(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    M3 is bae innit m8
    Really is

ReputationRep:

What courses are you think of applying for at uni?

ReputationRep:

You'll need a lot of work at A-level, but sure, Ziggy Stardust! It's possible with a lot of practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I want to do an English degree, kek

I wanted to take maths though, to vary my choices(I'm planning to take English lit, psychology, french & maths) and keep my options open.
    and I've heard how "respected" the maths A level is, so I figured I could take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Sure but maybe not further maths. A few friends who got Bs are working at A standards at A2
    Let's not forget that physicsmaths got an A at GCSE too

ReputationRep:
    I want to do an English degree, kek

I wanted to take maths though, to vary my choices(I'm planning to take English lit, psychology, french & maths) and keep my options open.
    and I've heard how "respected" the maths A level is, so I figured I could take it.
    Those sound cool Are you sure you don't want to do history or something at A level?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.