Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 cant moved out but Parents make me miserable watch

I'm so fed up. My mum is rude to me, keeps me awake at night and is downright selfish.
    I got to college AND I work and My weekly wake up and get home looks like this
    Monday: 6am - 6pm
    Tuesday: 8.30-6pm
    Wednesday: 6am-6pm
    Thursday- (my easy day) 10.30-3
    Friday- 8.30-6pm
    Saturday- 6am-12pm
    So you can see it's pretty ****, one day off a week and no study time. The days I don't have to wake up at 6am my mum purposely makes noise, shouts outside my door at the kids/my stepdad, turns on the light in the room next door (they put a ****ing window at the top of my wall connecting to the room next to me) and generally being unnecessarily loud. When I speak to her about it all she says is "**** off". I'm usually up until 1am studying or having time to myself on the days I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn and she wakes me up at 7am every time and its affecting my health. Being tired can cause serious illnessess. I feel run down, constant migraines, my anxiety is throught the roof and now my left eye hurts. I don't know what to do I wish I could move out. Now that I'm 18 there will be no help for me.
    It might seem dramatic or childish to some of you but it's been going on for months and I really am unwell because of it.

What's your weekly income?

Save some money and you'll be good to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning on going to university? As that could be a good opportunity to move out. I understand how you feel though and I sympathise with how frustrating this is.

ReputationRep:
    😖 @ your mum saying "**** you".

Anyway, I think you might have to endure it for a bit now. But you have to make sure saving is your top priority and move as soon as you can.
    Wish I had better advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.