Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by elliemayl)
    Thank you that helps a lot breaking it down like that, i mean understably it's got to be sort of harder at some point!
    My art teacher said she felt her a levels were much harder than her degree. I just want to make sure uni's a good option for me rather than take out a loan and end up having a mental breakdown over the work :'
    Bare in mind it varies massively by course and university.

I find university much much more challenging than any other previous education. But then I'm doing a science degree, it may be different for humanities and arts I can't say as I haven't studied them.

Dunno what everyone else is saying, Uni so far has been easier than A-levels by a long way. The social aspect is the hard bit to nail.

University was an extremely difficult and stressful time, but I studied Physics. I don't think even once during my four years I did less than a 40 hour week. Most weeks were more like 50-70 hours, but I nearly always had one evening a week where I went to a society and put all work aside - I only didn't when the coursework load was ridiculous. Physics, maths, engineering, medicine, etc are generally considered to be the hardest degrees. Non-STEM degrees are usually considered to be substantially easier to understand and get to grips with, so they often require less time input.

A-Levels were much, much easier than university, and I did four A-Levels through to completion rather than the standard three.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.