Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm planning to register for one of the following summer acting schools,
    -Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts (Summer 3 Week Acting)
    -Guildhall (Drama Summer School)
    -East 15 (Masterclass Immersive)

If anyone has been to any of the following I'd love to know what you thought of it - was it worth it/ what you learnt etc?

Also, if you have done anything else (LAMDA/RADA etc) please let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I can't really help you I am afraid! But I have applied for the 3 week Acting at Mountview, but may actually do the 2 week at ALRA. I really wanted to do the audition technique week that is in the Mountview course, but realistically I need to save as much cash as possible.
    I really fancied the two weeks at LAMDA too, but, again, it is very expensive (nearly £900 for the fortnight!!!), and I just don't think I can justify that price, as if I get a place on MA I am going to have to self fund completely, and need to save every spare penny!

So, on that unhelpful note, I would also love to hear what others thought of the summer school courses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingbean22)
    Hello,
    I can't really help you I am afraid! But I have applied for the 3 week Acting at Mountview, but may actually do the 2 week at ALRA. I really wanted to do the audition technique week that is in the Mountview course, but realistically I need to save as much cash as possible.
    I really fancied the two weeks at LAMDA too, but, again, it is very expensive (nearly £900 for the fortnight!!!), and I just don't think I can justify that price, as if I get a place on MA I am going to have to self fund completely, and need to save every spare penny!

So, on that unhelpful note, I would also love to hear what others thought of the summer school courses!
    Nice to meet you! Drop by again when you finish whichever course you did and let everyone know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.