Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am currently doing Art Year 11 GCSE DIARY' question 4 and would like to know how I can bring my work to A* standard. Does anyone have any tips they are using
    for the DIARY question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catgirl99)
    Hi I am currently doing Art Year 11 GCSE DIARY' question 4 and would like to know how I can bring my work to A* standard. Does anyone have any tips they are using
    for the DIARY question.
    I did my gcse last year so i didn't have 'Dairy' as my question, however i did achieve full marks so here's a few general tips (that i followed) that might help:
    -Do a lot of sketches. Pen, pencil, ink, watercolour, chalk, charcoal, use as many mediums as possible and sketch your ideas and what you're thinking. Lots of drawings will really boost your marks.
    -Write about what you do. A lot of people think that what you write is kind of ignored, however; it is important to write creatively about what you're thinking and your ideas. Don't over do it though and write as neatly as you can
    -This one might not apply for you but it's something that really helped me. Where most people go for a really thick book with masses of content and loads of quick experiments (which is a very 'arty' aproach and is absolutely fine), i made my book immaculate. I still did the same testers and experiments however i kept my book as neat as possible and spent more time on presentation that anything else. The 'Quality over Quantity' approach worked very well for me personally, i only had 8 pages in the exam book. Also, coming up with creative ideas in your presentation can help, like tying things in and having holes through pages for pictures to link them together and stuff.
    -Coming up to your final piece, planning is sooo important. It helps so much to know exactly what you're going to do in those 10 hrs and i cannot recommend that enough. I personally spent 10 hrs out of school doing a practice painting to make sure i had time to complete one of a similar size in the exam.

Like i said, these things worked well for me but they may not for you, i did take slightly different approach to most people. I'm sorry i couldn't help you specifically with the diary thing but i hope at least some of what i've said can help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply I will certainly put all that into practise.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.