Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Turkey threatens to unleash all migrants on Europe Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing, everyone here seems to have a PhD and at least 10 years of experience of Middle East Geo-politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Exaggerated by the nationalistic conservative media. There were only three recorded rape cases.
    And about 80 reported sexual assaults, with 8 people detained, all of whom were registered asylum seekers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    That is still a tiny amount, and I just debunked your pathetic theory about this "1000-man strong rape gang" so quit serving the conservative media and accept that the immigrants consist of good and bad people, like every single community that exists.
    My comment was hyperbole as you well know, but are ignoring that for the sake of cheaply dismissing my point. I believe your opener was 'refugees are not causing any problems', which is clearly not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SYYAAM97)
    Its amazing, everyone here seems to have a PhD and at least 10 years of experience of Middle East Geo-politics.
    Yes. TSR is in fact the biggest think tank in the world. Word leaders often visit these learned pages to gain insight from our collective genius. Ban Ki Moon marvels at how solving the world's problems continues to evade the good and the great when all the answers are so simple and contained right here on the pages of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Exaggerated by the nationalistic conservative media. There were only three recorded rape cases.
    Only 3 rapes? Move along people; nothing to see here. (Forget about the 454 cases of sexual assault - no big deal as I'm sure most women just see being surrounded by 30 men and touched up as harmless horseplay - just boys being boys)

Are a misogynist or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Bit rich. :rofl:
    Pfft. The guy is provably wrong just by doing some basic research on the facts.

You need to understand the difference between objective research and opinion. Opinions don't hold the same value unless they happen to be held by someone who is actually recognised as being learned in the area. And that's not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    And about 80 reported sexual assaults, with 8 people detained, all of whom were registered asylum seekers.
    454 in Cologne alone. Not counting Hamburg, Bielefeld, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    They are causing no more problems than any other group of people would.
    So you're saying women being surrounded and groped by large groups of men is not uncommon in Cologne?

It's bloody hilarious that you're accusing me of some far-right bias when your liberal leanings are giving you such reluctance to accept that refugees have caused problems in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    454 in Cologne alone. Not counting Hamburg, Bielefeld, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart.
    I stand corrected I guess. Do you have a source for the numbers?

ReputationRep:
    Pfft. The guy is provably wrong just by doing some basic research on the facts.

You need to understand the difference between objective research and opinion. Opinions don't hold the same value unless they happen to be held by someone who is actually recognised as being learned in the area. And that's not you.
    So what use do you think you have with your opinions and why am I not allowed to have an opinion? So far I can't actually find that you've disagreed with me on anything. You have taken what I've said out of context and had an issue with it.

Anyone with a (proper) degree level education knows that objective research isn't really a thing. Everything is always dependent on circumstances and inherent bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    I'm not saying that isn't bad. I'm saying that his idea of a '1000-strong immigrant rape gang' is as ludicrous as you conservative isolationist nuts gets.

Don't take things out of context please.
    I didn't say there was a 1000 strong immigrant rape gang. But there may well have been 1000 immigrants involved in the overall crime spree on that night (again, in Cologne alone) This isn't just me sitting here making up a number - it was the number reported in Deutsche Welle on 4 January 2016 ("String of New Year's Eve sexual assaults outrages Cologne". Deutsche Welle. 4 January 2016)

DW is not some KKK publication ran off an old photocopier in a basement in Dortmund. It's a state run international broadcaster with stated goals to convey Germany as a "liberal, democratic state based on the rule of law",

ReputationRep:
    So what use do you think you have with your opinions and why am I not allowed to have an opinion? So far I can't actually find that you've disagreed with me on anything. You have taken what I've said out of context and had an issue with it.

Anyone with a (proper) degree level education knows that objective research isn't really a thing. Everything is always dependent on circumstances and inherent bias.
    I don't have an opinion on everything. (I think I told you that yesterday when you asked me my opinion on the current war in Syria - I said I didn't have one)

I think I do have a proper degree of education (I have 4 degrees) so I know a thing or two about research ethics, confirmation bias, etc. I could school you on the subject I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Quit being an idiot. I said nowhere that it was 'common'

I'm not going to debate with a fool who takes my point as implicit
    You said 'they're causing no more problems than any other group of people would'. Given that Germans are a group of people, I take that to mean that every few months (the length of time the refugees had been there) or perhaps just annually on NYE, large groups of German men congregate in Cologne to assault women in the streets.

If that sounds ludicrous, I think you need to re-examine what you said.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an opinion on everything. (I think I told you that yesterday when you asked me my opinion on the current war in Syria - I said I didn't have one)

I think I do have a proper degree of education (I have 4 degrees) so I know a thing or two about research ethics, confirmation bias, etc. I could school you on the subject I'm sure.
    Being academically learned often means little and can often just reinforce your own confidence that your comments are correct.

You have 4 degrees so you are at an age in life where you should appreciate that LAUGHING at the plight of Syrian refugees is disgusting and inappropriate. Shame none of those degrees taught you the ability to empathise.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey knows full well how careful it needs to be. It is almost completely dependent on European trade.

ReputationRep:
    Being academically learned often means little and can often just reinforce your own confidence that your comments are correct.

You have 4 degrees so you are at an age in life where you should appreciate that LAUGHING at the plight of Syrian refugees is disgusting and inappropriate. Shame none of those degrees taught you the ability to empathise.
    On the contrary, I'm just at the point in life when I care less. Believe me, I've done my fair share of caring and sharing. I still do; but I pick my shots.

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, I'm just at the point in life when I care less. Believe me, I've done my fair share of caring and sharing. I still do; but I pick my shots.
    Fair enough. But there is also a difference between not caring and actively being a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. But there is also a difference between not caring and actively being a ****.
    Borderline!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    You educate yourself. The media is exaggerating the problems caused by migrants because nothing sells better than scapegoating a country's problems
    A: Illegal immigrants*

B: I dare you to say this to one of the many rape victims of the illegal immigrants and fake asylum seekers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    I'm not going to argue with someone who is taking my point as implicit.
    I don't know what that means.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.