Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No contact rule Watch

Announcements

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago for valid good reasons but I really miss him and wish we were still together.(LDR) I haven't been in contact with him for about 35 days or so. Does the No contact rule work? and how long should I wait?
    I'm planning a surprise for his birthday in May. Is that a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    if you miss him tell him. in my opinion it doesnt work bc you end up thinking about that person non stop.

ReputationRep:
    Made me think of this http://data.whicdn.com/images/59913702/large.jpg
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago for valid good reasons but I really miss him and wish we were still together.(LDR) I haven't been in contact with him for about 35 days or so. Does the No contact rule work? and how long should I wait?
    I'm planning a surprise for his birthday in May. Is that a good idea?
    Depends on your reasons for breaking up.

But if you break up with someone you'll most likely miss being with them afterwards but that could be a phase, and you might not wish that you were back with him say 2 or 3 months later once you're over it.

I really do miss him :/ I think he still loves me but we're not contacting cos of various reasons... eg. his college starting, time to commit as we were in a long distance relationship

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Depends on your reasons for breaking up.

But if you break up with someone you'll most likely miss being with them afterwards but that could be a phase, and you might not wish that you were back with him say 2 or 3 months later once you're over it.
    I don't think i'll get over him
    he's the love of m y life

we just need some space

eg he's going to college

we're In a long distance relationship

should I contact him on his birthday?

(Original post by Bern Herkins)
    Made me think of this http://data.whicdn.com/images/59913702/large.jpg
    so true

but I don't know what to do
    I want to be proactive at the no contact rule

ReputationRep:
    so true

but I don't know what to do
    I want to be proactive at the no contact rule
    I'm going to be blunt.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That rule is stupid. You may be wasting time. Talk to him.

(Original post by Bern Herkins)
    I'm going to be blunt.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That rule is stupid. You may be wasting time. Talk to him.
    I feel like I am. But I'll wait till his birthday.
    I want to give him some space. He's settling down I guess
    I really hope he hasn't forgotten about me?

is the birthday idea good?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I am. But I'll wait till his birthday.
    I want to give him some space. He's settling down I guess
    I really hope he hasn't forgotten about me?

is the birthday idea good?
    If his birthday was soon then it would be a good idea. But May? I think that is too long. You may risk him losing interest.
    I really would just contact him and let him know how you feel. Tell him you miss him.

Follow your heart and you cant go wrong

ReputationRep:
    It can work it just has to be done on the right person / right time, if you leave it too late it won't work, they might move on and find someone else, however the basic idea is they get a taste of what life is like when you are not in it and come running back, it does work sometimes, it depends on how stubborn the other person is etc

What the hell? No contact isn't a way of getting someone back. It's a way of moving on for good hence no contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    if you miss him tell him. in my opinion it doesnt work bc you end up thinking about that person non stop.
    So true and you could easily get distracted and end up texting or calling the person anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.