Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance when married watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello - does anyone know if you still get student finance if you're married?

Me and my boyfriend had planned on getting married before I go, but if it meant we could then not get a student loan, we wouldn't be able to live off what he earns and I wouldn't be able to go to uni.

I'll be a student but he wouldn't be

ReputationRep:
    You'll still be entitled to student finance yes, unless you have already completed a university degree.

ReputationRep:
    His income will be taken into account when calculating your entitlement.

Anything under 25k gets you the full loan amount

ReputationRep:
    I have done one year at the open uni but am going to a 'brick' uni for the next year because distance learning just wasn't for me, but i'll still only be 20 at the start of second year
    Is my income counted too or just his? If it's both... then surely when I leave to go to uni i will suddenly not be earning anything and it'll just be his income for that year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.