Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Recently got accepted into Imperial and have a few questions was hoping anyone could help me with.

1) They're asking for a physical copy of my transcript (I provided a scan of it in my application), is there any chance of them changing their mind at this point? Both the transcript I submitted and the hard copy are identical.

2) How tough are the financially oriented MSc courses at imperial?

3) Any tips for revision during/before I start?

4) Bonus question, I don't want to be a burden on my parents financially for travel to and from uni etc. for any of those that are familiar with the MSc in Metals and Energy Finance or any related courses is it possible to do a part time job 2-3x a week while still performing well?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They will need to see a physical version of the transcript before you start so ask if they're happy to see it when you get there and enrol. There isn't much point in doing any revision per se but remind yourself of some of the concepts related to the course if you've studied them before or do some research around them. You can try doing a part time job but make sure you don't miss out on too much contact time, stay focused on your work and manage your time well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    Hey,

Recently got accepted into Imperial and have a few questions was hoping anyone could help me with.

1) They're asking for a physical copy of my transcript (I provided a scan of it in my application), is there any chance of them changing their mind at this point? Both the transcript I submitted and the hard copy are identical.

2) How tough are the financially oriented MSc courses at imperial?

3) Any tips for revision during/before I start?

4) Bonus question, I don't want to be a burden on my parents financially for travel to and from uni etc. for any of those that are familiar with the MSc in Metals and Energy Finance or any related courses is it possible to do a part time job 2-3x a week while still performing well?

Thanks
    Hi, this maybe a very very late reply, but I'm applying for the MSc courses starting in 2017/18. May I know if you did GMATs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodiak123)
    Hi, this maybe a very very late reply, but I'm applying for the MSc courses starting in 2017/18. May I know if you did GMATs?
    The MSc in Metals and Energy Finance is almost completely different to the MSc in finance, my application was assessed by the school of earth science and engineering and not the business school so if you're inquiring about the business school I can't really comment, if it's about the MEF course then no you don't need a GMAT/GRE. That being said, my quantitative finance modules are covered by the business school - so, assuming I remember, I can ask someone tomorrow if they had to submit a GMAT/GRE (we have exams next week, and on campus interviews on monday so it's a bit hectic).

Regarding other Business Schools I applied to; both LSE and LBS required that I complete a GRE/GMAT and i'm a home student.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Oilfreak1,

When did you apply for MSc in Metals and Energy Finance? Do you need to interview for the course? Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.